Keystone Lintel

Doug_N

I have a small job to do that needs a keystone window lintel.  I searched the topics, but didn't see anything that referenced this topic.  If it were just a few windows I would do each one manually, but there are quite a few to do.

Here is an image of what the client is looking for.

Doug Norton

Whitby Ontario

keystone.jpg

Hi Solver, 

Here is a manually created keystone and inserted by dragging into place.   

The automatic keystone window treatment would be great if we could edit height, width, depth and inset distance.

Doug

keystone in CA.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doug_N said:

have a small job to do that needs a keystone window lintel.  I searched the topics, but didn't see anything that referenced this topic.  If it were just a few windows I would do each one manually, but there are quite a few to do.

Here is an image of what the client is looking for.

Here are some I did a while back- one has a keystone. I made that a millwork symbol and then used it in the treatments tab, millwork applied above casing (some stuff is below too)

Made up window, placed in library and used replace from all the same. I only had a few sizes, only one with the keystone so was very quick. Here's a plan with some of the windows in it, the symbols are placed on the floor. They are pretty quick to make but you can open the symbols to get an idea of stretch and origin offset.

Two images from this plan file and one from the original.

Just remembered that they had a weird wall definition for the facade so the offsets may not be correct. When working it out I just kept adjusting the symbol in the library and dragging it onto a window till it was correct. Then added that to the library.

Assorted lintel windows.plan

Lintels.png

Windows with stuff.png

Custom Ext Symbols.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...