Fine Homebuilding Ad

johnny

Chief is running an advertisement in Fine Home building that contains a rendering said to have been done in the app.  However, I can't seem to duplicate its effects of being almost a cross between a ray-trace and artistic visual.  I know some might look at this and assume its easy to do, but there are some surprisingly subtle details/visuals I can't replicate in Chief.

Does anyone have an idea how this was done?

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/company/pressgraphics/magazine-ads/home-design.html

From a quick look I'd say it could be Chief.

But I'd bet dollars to donuts that it wasn't

done with X10. Chief has made any Ray

Trace results you may have achieved in

previous versions useless in X10. 

• Like 1

I've been getting great results with Chief's ray-tracer, here's a project I just finished. Everything was modeled (except for the grass & mulch which are from my library) and rendered in X10.

Clarieon Woods 01a.jpg

Rich maybe right ?  X9 if that is a Raytrace, as I see Glass reflections which I don't think I have seen in X10 but I haven't done many Raytraces in the Latest version, been waiting for them to update all the materials after ruining them for PBR.....

The walk-through movie is in Vector view or is something screwy on my end ? looks nothing like the image in the link above

M.

13 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

The walkthrough movie is in Vector view or is something screwy on my end ? looks nothing like the image in the link above

Agree.  A bit disappointing , can't see a reason to downgrade to Vector in a marketing pitch.