more ROOM DIVIDER issue I need help with

mtldesigns

I've just read about a thousand comments (OK, I exaggerated) on the issue of the Room Divider.  One of the biggest PITA items I work with, esp porches with foundations, or butting up against a corner.  But in this string, I am wondering how to fix a opening that a room divider connects.  In this scenario, I have a pony wall kitchen island on one side and a full wall on the other (both Interior -4 wall types).  The room divider was so I could label this area "KITCHEN", and to lower the ceiling 1'.  So I know why the double line shown in first picture (its a structural change) but where's my drywall in the second picture?  The molding is there, so??  I was really hoping X10 would fix these issues..  guess not.  The third picture is the ceiling above this opening...  nice gap.

BTW, GO BLUE!  Final 4 baby!

ROOM DIVIDER 1.jpg

ROOM DIVIDER 2.jpg

ROOM DIVIDER 3.jpg

Thanks Eric,

But I really shouldn't have to do all these work around's, would you agree?

This is what I got..  the first is without the pony being checked to a "No room def.", the second is with it checked...  ugh.

How do I adjust the door width/framing so that notch is not showing?

Still; both scenarios has exposed stud above the pony height

ROOM DIVIDER 4.jpg

ROOM DIVIDER 5.jpg

9 hours ago, solver said:

Use a doorway to make the opening.

Draw the short wall off to the side, make it No Room Def. Use center tool to place it.

Room Molding Polyline for the missing base.

ct1.thumb.jpg.56f6896cdf159c1011d0b5fb220c8dfc.jpg

What is the advantage of using the no room def wall in lieu of the wall opening next to door opening method?  The base boards are auto.

5ab7a8e78b4ac_ScreenShot2018-03-25at6_47_22AM.thumb.png.a6ee8b755f0baeaa2643349325285415.pngmr 2.plan

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 6.45.03 AM.png

• Upvote 1