Help with plans

MJMJR159

We are a custom home builder.  We have been starting to use Home Designer Pro to build preliminary floor plans with clients starting down the sales process.  Many of our clients are looking to do modification of our existing plans.  I can do a decent job at getting the bulk of the layout drawn, but I am running into roadblocks when it gets into some technical details such as roof plans and stairs that get a little more complicated.  Also, I'd like to utilize the program to be used more for design and material selection as well so I may need help in applying finishes.  Long term, I would like to incorporate terrain so any experience with that would be a plus.

Ideally, I'd be looking for someone who would be able to work on an hourly basis and typically turn around minor changes and details in a day or two.  I understand more elaborate projects will need some more time.  I would like to be able to transfer files using a shared Dropbox or Google Drive folder.

I would like to make payments on a bi-weekly basis for the total accrued hours through the preceeding week to align with our billing cycle.  I may be able to make other arrangements if necessary.  You would be a 1099 contractor.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Attached is a sample of a plan I'm working with.

RF79-Steeplechase2-HD.plan

1 hour ago, mtldesigns said:

Just curious, if the person needs to be using Home Designer Pro, or will Chief Premier X10 work?  Don't know if the two communicate.

X1o and Home Designer version 2019 are paired except the .layout files of Premier are NOT transferable to Home Designer any version.

X9 pairs with HD 2018 versions.

X8 pairs with HD 2017,

X7 pairs only with HD version 2016

This continues all the way back to Version X1 and Home Designer version 7

I own and use all of those versions of Chief and Home Designer and part of my business model is helping all of those users who still use older versions of Chief and Home Designer of which there are many.

DJP