I JOIST QUESTION

chief58

I have never tried to do this in all the time using Chief since I would just use a text to do it but today I want to have a 3 1/2" x 11 7/8" I-Joist to show up for my second floor joist but can't make it do it automatic with the joist direction tool, talked to Chief support but no help there, what I did was go into the second floor and select the default tool and current floor which would be for the floor joist for the second floor, then in the current floor went to edit there I went to floor structure (L) line one is 3/4" and plywd horz is selected, line 2 is 1 1/2" for the top board, then 8 7/8" for the osb, and another 1 1/2" for bottom board but I can't get them to show 3 1/2" for the top board where it show 1 1/2" all the time even when I replace the 1 1/2" with 3 1/2" for line 2 & 4. has anyone else tried to show the I-joist correctly using the joist direction tool it shows an I-joist is being used but not the correct with for the top and bottom board. Basically what I want it joist text to read is 

3 1/2" x 11 7/8" I-joist or what ever height I want it to be which I know where to change that just can"t get the 3 1/2" to show

Solver I found where I can change it I went under the general framing or framing default under the 1 st floor I changed it in the second floor dbx, thanks for looking at it and pushing to find where to change it, the girl at Chief didn't know that either