Random pixels around light fixtures in 3-D views

jcollamore

Please indicate system specs and program version. Good idea to put into your signature makes it easier to help.

Post a screen shot, there are a couple of variable issues that could be what you describe. Posting a plan along with it almost guarantees a good answer (close the plan before posting or it will be empty)

So one issue si video card related, the other has to do with proximity of the light source to another object and the light properties. IF it's the second one a plan will help.

44 minutes ago, jcollamore said:

Intel Core i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz

16 GB RAM

Looks like a GPU issue. Though I have not seen that in X9 only X10.

I see that is in the cloud. Is it a raytrace or a simple render? what are you viewing it on?

Do you have a dedicated GPU or just an Intel card? What make/model video card? what driver?

I did not install a GPU, just the Intel

The screen shot was from a panorama. When I view the model in a regular camera view the pixels only show up at certain angles, or strobe on and off as I pan around. 

Since posting this, I have viewed the file on my Surface pro and the pixels do not appear, so it looks like I need to install a GPU. Do you recommend a certain one?

Thanks for you help!!

2 hours ago, jcollamore said:

so it looks like I need to install a GPU. Do you recommend a certain one?

Nvidia GTX 10XX- depends on what you box and pocket can handle, and what you can find.

Please file a report with support. You may also be able to roll back the driver. I have a very similar issue on my little HP but in X10. Found out that the current drivers are an issue and had to force install an older driver that is not meant for the card- see this thread.