Dormer Problem

QualicoreHomes

I'm having difficulty with this garage addition.  I want the garage wall and the gable wall of the dormer to be one wall so that the roof is broken up or away in front of the dormer but I can't get it to do that.  I tried with both making an automatic dormer and a manual dormer.  Would it have to do with the fact that I have selected "Ignore Top (2nd) Floor"?  Thanks in advance for your reply! 

Dormer Plan.plan

Capture 17.PNG

Thank you very much, that worked!!

This is for a customer that is still in the preliminary stages.  Since they are still making changes I was using the auto roof build function to make fast changes.  Now that I have edited the roof, if I use this function again it will remove those roof edits (if I'm correct.)  What advise would you have for this situation?  I don't want to spend a lot of time making new models in terms of customizing the roof till they are more certain.  Is that the only possibility or is there a function that can freeze or block a part of the house and nothing changes to it? This would also be helpful in any renovation or addition when the model of the existing house is made. 

Appreciate the help!

Yes this plan was started in X10.  I'm not sure if you were asking me but in case you were, feel free to send it on to CA for fixing.  I like your changes.  The garage is an addition so I have to work with the house as it is but your version sure looks very attractive.  Wouldn't mind if you posted the plan so I could learn how you did some of those features :).  Thanks for your help again!!