X10 Camera View - New Issue

MrLowry

Alright, before I get jumped on, I did search through pages of X10 camera issues and couldn't find anything like what I am experiencing.

I have CA X10 on a Mid 2015 MacBook Pro with an Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics card. 

So here's what I've run into. I can create a standard full camera view and it looks great. As soon as I turn the camera so it is facing the eastern hemisphere I will get this glitchy looking view - like the framing members are showing through in the view. Once I look back to the west, no problem. In the attached screen shots this is a view, and then one click to the left and it glitches. Go back to the right and it looks fine.

I have narrowed it down to the reflections setting. If I turn reflections off, I don't have any issues navigating around the entire plan in the camera view. Once I turn reflections back on, the issue resurfaces. 

Anyone else seen this? I was so excited to download the latest update as it said something about graphics issues with Intel cards, but it doesn't seem to have fixed my issue.

This is a plan that was originally created in X9, but now that I have opened it in X10 I can't go back to X9 (the plan didn't have this problem in X9). 

Edit: Sorry the problem arrises when facing the Southern Hemisphere, not the eastern

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 9.38.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 9.38.07 PM.png

You may be pushing the limits of your graphics card now that CA recommends a dedicated 4-8 GB card.  However this should still be sent in.  There may be some other settings you can use to keep using your current setup.

If you would like to run the file in X9 there should be a usable copy in your X10 Archives folder.

3 hours ago, MrLowry said:

I have CA X10 on a Mid 2015 MacBook Pro with an Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics card. 

I have run into a different issue with my little HP that also only has an Intel card. Support is looking into it might want to send yours in too.

BTW Chopsaw is mistaken about the system requirements- current are 4GB system and 1GB video card, still says it supports Intel cards but does  recommending a dedicated GPU.

I can't reproduce your issue. On mine the problem is more with PBR views but what is worth looking into. While trying to get what you are getting I did get a series of SEH errors in standard views but I had forgotten to switch my power setting to performance.

What I found is that I only have the issue with current "correct" drivers for the card (dated from 11/17 onward). Graham has an older version of the same machine and discovered this an update to his driver. I've had to force install a driver from an older version of the card, one that supposedly does not support the hardware I have, to make everything work. So if you video driver is newer you might try a roll back to an older version and see if that helps.

Just to be clear Mark,  I was not stating system requirements.  Rather System Recommendations.  As CA does not clearly state the difference in expected performance..

PC and Mac Recommended

• 16 GB of memory
  • 50 GB of available hard disk space
  • 4 GB or 8 GB gaming video card

The Whole Story as stated by Chief Architect here : https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/sysreq.html

PC and Mac Recommended

15 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

You may be pushing the limits of your graphics card now that CA recommends a dedicated 4-8 GB card.  However this should still be sent in.  There may be some other settings you can use to keep using your current setup.

If you would like to run the file in X9 there should be a usable copy in your X10 Archives folder.

Thanks for the reply!

The thing I find odd is that it performs great otherwise! Even with reflections on it runs smoothly as long as I am looking in a north-ish direction. It's just when I go to turn around that I start having problems.

28 minutes ago, MrLowry said:

Thanks for the reply!

The thing I find odd is that it performs great otherwise! Even with reflections on it runs smoothly as long as I am looking in a north-ish direction. It's just when I go to turn around that I start having problems.

Have you tried adjusting the sun location?

Chop- I'd said

12 hours ago, MarkMc said:

does  recommending a dedicated GPU.

It should still run with the minimum without having a major feature broken. Before I got the HP I talked with Graham who has had one for a while- it runs Grandview. I wouldn't want to do production on it but didn't expect it to. It ran X10 a tad slower than 9 and did PBR fine, until the public release. So I think they can fix this stuff.

On 3/20/2018 at 9:09 PM, Chopsaw said:

f you would like to run the file in X9 there should be a usable copy in your X10 Archives folder.

I would check the X9 Archive Folder for the last version used in X9 if needed....

M.