X10 roof line editing

Keifuz

This is something that's started after upgrading to X10.  Working with roof lines, line breaks are appearing on their own making it very difficult to join plane using #2 button.  And before, line breaks would automatically disappear when you straightened a line, now they don't.  I can't find a setting that determines this behavior.

Thanks

It's my observation that line breaks in a roof plan remain now after editing.  In previous versions if you reshaped a roof polyline to have a straight side the breaks would disappear automatically.  The line breaks prevent joining roof plans in many instances so it is a nuisance.  I have not heard anything about it from Chief.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, JMininger said:

It's my observation that line breaks in a roof plan remain now after editing.  In previous versions if you reshaped a roof polyline to have a straight side the breaks would disappear automatically.  The line breaks prevent joining roof plans in many instances so it is a nuisance.  I have not heard anything about it from Chief.

Yes this is happening and is definitely a step backwards; at first I thought it was an aberration, but realized after working on a couple of tedious roof jobs where I knew planes should be joining but wouldn't, I can confirm that it is not. 

My tedium is now amplified, because of having to zoom in and clear out roof plane breaks to join planes - an extra action that I didn't have before.  If this is planned change, at least elucidate as to why.

• Like 1

Been having Roof Trouble myself this week ( SEH Errors clicking on roof planes) in .43 and 20.1.1.1 but Tech Support can't reproduce the Issue even with Steps provided , but this morning She admitted She is using 20.1.1.2 already ( won't be released for 2-4 weeks to us apparently) so She couldn't even save the Plan and send it back to me. She tried saving in HD Pro 2019 but as it doesn't have PBR all my saved cameras and materials etc are totally messed up.

Thankfully She found the other SEH Error , I couldn't make material lists , turned out from my error reports that I had a buggy wall cabinet , She told me to delete it  and Material lists started working again ......

X10 has been hell this week , all sorts of weird issues with decks and other anomalies I never saw in X9...... I feel like an Alpha Tester at the moment never mind Beta Tester , lots of wasted time this week , but plan was already 1/2 done in 10 so I had to continue with it.

M.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2018 at 3:08 PM, solver said:

Chief responded as they so often do.

Based upon the details you submitted within Case # 79030, you will be happy to know that our testing and software development teams are able to reproduce this issue. 

Thank you for submitting this additional and requested information. This helps greatly.

And

Thank you for supplying reproducible steps in regards to this issue within the X10 program. I have sent this additional information over to our development team. 

Any further replies?  I have latest update & still happening constantly.  Big pain.

image.thumb.png.5120283d5abc1e1db76dd79be5b31a62.png

Interestingly, Since Beta 2 of X10, I have not seen this unwanted phenomenon at all (Knock on wood), I am sorry you guys are. If Tech Support says "they can duplicate" the result, they can and will fix it as soon as they have a bulletproof fix, of that you can be sure.

DJP