Skylight Not Creating Hole in Ceiling

Anna_Gorres

Eric,

Any chance you can look at the skylight over the master bath? I decided to delete the skylight you adjusted. I did what you said over the master bath skylight and no luck. I also tried the same thing with the skylight you adjusted, and didn't have any luck. ? What the heck am I doing wrong? 

This is a great problem to solve...  so many things to learn.  I spent a few minutes and I got the picture below.

If I get a chance,  I will do a video later today or tomorrow  (unless somebody does it first).  Lots of lessons to learn.

5ab1725199c95_ScreenShot2018-03-20at1_41_24PM.thumb.png.9bb233f1a3a3fef4b9727451c29be1ae.png

Eric,

Thank you for all of your time and help today. I can get the dormer to look correctly on the exterior - it is getting it to cut the ceiling so that you can see the dormer and window from the interior as well. I thought it was automatic (skylight has setting to automatically cut hole in the ceiling - except that mine is greyed out so I'm not sure if it it is set to do this or not). 

D. Hall,

A video would be great! Dormers are a pain in the you know what....I seem to have more problems that not when trying to do a dormer.