• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pmevans60
    Newest Member
    pmevans60

• By stevenyhof
      I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"
      Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".
      See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.
      Any thoughts?

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .

• By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By MichaelaS
      The wall shown is on the same plane with a false gable roof above only a portion. The wall from the interior will reflect the same ceiling height as the rest of the home, but from the front elevation I would like the wall to be taller to move my gable up. How can this be done in CA as the wall heights are dictated by the room's ceiling height?

• By StructEng58
      Hello All, 

I am working on a project, which its an addition to a service garage with an apartment above. The problem that I am having is that I need a new wall against an existing in order not to see a hole in the area of the existing wall. As you can see in the image of the second floor plan below where I circled it is where I need to add another wall. 

As you can see from my front elevation. I have a hole in the area where there is no wall. 

I have attached a back-up of plan to this email for reference also. I am open to other suggestions on how to fix this issue. 

Thank you in advance for the help. 

Chris 
      RB Garage.zip