Orbit Behavior

CCCArchitect

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

Assuming that you are using one of the overview cameras, then your camera will orbit around the center of the model.   If there is something in your model that is way out in timbuktu, then your center will not be where you want it to be.  Find it and fix it and your camera tools will work right.

Also, you can always just use the full camera tool and the center of orbit is set by the camera focal point (where you stop drawing the camera).

In Plan View, you can grab the Focal Point of the Camera and move it wherever is convenient.  I a perspective view, you can just select the "Center on Point Icon and pic the location the you want to rotate about.  You probably need to then select the "Center Building Tool" on the right toolbar.

Assuming that you are using one of the overview cameras, then your camera will orbit around the center of the model.   If there is something in your model that is way out in timbuktu, then your center will not be where you want it to be.  Find it and fix it and your camera tools will work right.

Also, you can always just use the full camera tool and the center of orbit is set by the camera focal point (where you stop drawing the camera).

I have been trying to find an object out in space and unable to......any tips...I tried turning on all the layers and nothing pops up....I think it all started when I was experimenting with primitive solids????

You can also isolate it by floor by using the floor camera & the "Fill Window" command.

Once you've determined what floor it is on, it can be further isolated by turning groups of layers on/off & using "Fill Window" until you have it narrowed down.

Kinda like a "Price Is Right" game.

Thanks....I zoomed out and it appears I my rotation point has somehow changed, the model rotates around some unknown point? is there a way to change how the mouse controls the rotation??

in 3D views the mouse controls are used depending on how the Rotation is set in 3D>move camera with mouse> Orbit/Pan/Dolly etc.   the next option lets you do the same for the keyboard arrow keys.