Cabinet front leg Chase

RHDesigns

I am looking for a solution to creating a square leg chase in a cabinet ! I would like to apply a leg to the front of a cabinet , example a 3' x 3' leg from the catalog .

When i select apply post to the face of the cabinet it apply it to the face therfore making the cabinet deeper like an off set post ! I would like it integrated into the cabinet face . Not seeing where I can modify a base cabinet to complete this and figure I could get an answer from an advanced user 

Hope this helps !!! We do this at our cabinet shop often ( The CADD department does it in cabinet vision , great for Cabinet CNC machine not so much for design)

I have a client who would like the leg in the face of the cabinet , best way is a square cut out at the corner of the cabinet

Leg chase.jpg

The leg is recessed into the cabinet, when I place it via the cabinet modifications it places on the face  24" + leg equal 27 1/2  depth .. I need the leg to be flush with the front so I would describe it as a right angle chase cut into the cabinet face , the leg needs to be at the corner of the cabinet 

Use framed construction- if frameless just set to 3/4" separation.

Set left and right separations to "0", split face, convert left to opening, split again and make opening on right. Etc. Depending on needs may have to use 0 toe kick and then fake that.

Here's a quick start.

Corners.jpg

corner.plan

Eric's method and Rich's are both simpler and easier. I use the more complicated one so that I can get a cabinet of the correct size and the legs into a cabinet schedule.

(the legs are door symbols placed into a cabinet that is openings on 3 sides.)

Legs in schedule.jpg