Window bumping against cabinet

Chris_Kelly

Hi all,

I just upgraded to X10 last week so I'm still figuring out the new features and settings. I placed a window in the plan I'm working on and it bumped against a cabinet that was about 4.5 inches away. I can't seem to find the setting to control this. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

I do indeed have a 4.5 in casing, but it bumps 4 3/16 from the casing. I can control drag it closer obviously and it'll move past it if I keep dragging, but there has to be a setting for it somewhere. I couldn't find it in the help section, preferences, default settings (for windows at least), or searching through the forum. I don't really have time to check the videos at work right now, but I will if it's still unresolved tonight.

window bump1.jpg

21 minutes ago, Chris_Kelly said:

I do indeed have a 4.5 in casing, but it bumps 4 3/16 from the casing. I can control drag it closer obviously and it'll move past it if I keep dragging, but there has to be a setting for it somewhere. I couldn't find it in the help section, preferences, default settings (for windows at least), or searching through the forum. I don't really have time to check the videos at work right now, but I will if it's still unresolved tonight.

window bump1.jpg

I suspect that there's a Crown Molding on the Cabinet that is interfering with the Window Casing.  You can check by displaying the room elevation.

That said, it appears that the bumping is still being limited too much (maybe double the crown molding width).  If so, this is something that should probably be reported to Customer Support.

• Upvote 1