Floor slab at garage door

hoethelongrow

In-frequent user recently upgraded from X3 to X9: Please just point me in the right direction - how do I extend the concrete floor slab of my garage through the garage door opening so that the CMU foundation wall top is not showing when the door is viewed open in 3D? is there a direct way to do this or work - around with a polyline slab?

Thanks

1 hour ago, hoethelongrow said:

In-frequent user recently upgraded from X3 to X9: Please just point me in the right direction - how do I extend the concrete floor slab of my garage through the garage door opening so that the CMU foundation wall top is not showing when the door is viewed open in 3D? is there a direct way to do this or work - around with a polyline slab?

Thanks

Not sure I am understanding the question correctly, are you attempting to remove the curb?(level slab with no visible stem wall top)

You can change the room type to "porch"(unconditioned space/not included in total living space), then specify the label as "garage" and change the floor structure to slab. 

If instead you are trying to show the curb but with no cut away you could either do as mentioned above and draw a poly slab at the location of the walls, which will not auto detail as a mono-slab, or you could raise the bottom of the door above the height of the curb.

There are also methods of showing curbs using pony walls with concrete lower walls etc..

Hope that helped

7 hours ago, hoethelongrow said:

Solver, much thank you! How about this situation (see attached) where the 4" thick conc. lips out over the brick ext. face by say an inch or two? I did this one by just overlaying a slab to conform to shape desired, is there a better way?

Untitled 2.jpg

I would of done the same on the garage ..... ie drawn my own Slab to replace the  auto one , if Joey's "fix" didn't

work....

to fill in your Signature like this .... go up to the top RH Corner above and click on your UserName> Account Settings> Signature.... and enable Signature (will Turn Green) at the Top , then add your Hardware Details and Chief Software Version, as different Versions require different Answers.

M.

5 hours ago, hoethelongrow said:

per the attached view?

Untitled 1.jpg

Wow, I never noticed that Chief stopped a garage slab at the cutout, and didn't extend over it.

I played around with this and couldn't force the program to extend the garage floor over the foundation wall.

No way that would be done IRL, or would ever be desirable.

Unless I'm missing something, and there's an easy way to make a garage floor behave properly, this should be made into a suggestion...