Story pole question

dshall

5 hours ago, dshall said:

Ssd the next question is,  how do we control was is dimensioned on the inner dimension line,  it looks like we can control the outer.

5aa3d228bef18_ScreenShot2018-03-10at4_38_17AM.thumb.png.fc4cd5d358b9bf4da7e6da9bb63bfbc4.png

First turn on inner dims. You have changed the name of some dims, so it' difficult to tell what you are doing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dshall said:

Ssd the next question is,  how do we control was is dimensioned on the inner dimension line,  it looks like we can control the outer.

5aa3d228bef18_ScreenShot2018-03-10at4_38_17AM.thumb.png.fc4cd5d358b9bf4da7e6da9bb63bfbc4.png

As you double click items in the list on the left or click the Add => button, they are removed from the list om the left and added to the list on the right.  Anything in that Marks To Include list is automatically included on the inner dimension line.  Only items with check marks are included on the outer dimensions line.  And Perry is right...its hard to tell what you have going on because it looks like you renamed some of your stuff.  To reset the names either select the names one by one from the list on the right and click Reset; or move them all over into your list on the left, click Okay, and then open the dialog vox back up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alaskan_Son said:

......  Only items with check marks are included on the outer dimensions line.  ......

Got it,  thanks.....   I am slowly getting this dialed in........  

question....  

5aa428b7c28aa_ScreenShot2018-03-10at10_46_13AM.thumb.png.a988c605615966b70abcd38f429e776e.png

This may be confusing..... point is I am establishing a pseudo marker elevation....  and I want that to display true m.s.l.......

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dshall said:

Got it,  thanks.....   I am slowly getting this dialed in........  

question....  

5aa428b7c28aa_ScreenShot2018-03-10at10_46_13AM.thumb.png.a988c605615966b70abcd38f429e776e.png

This may be confusing..... point is I am establishing a pseudo marker elevation....  and I want that to display true m.s.l.......

Always wondered why we don't have Terrain in Defaults and the ability to designate Sea Level or a Datum Height that Level 1 is Based off , since this info is mandatory in ConDocs.

The grade level Marker can be assigned any height , so everything can be based off that height but I don't know how to make the Reference Height 386' , but I think  @glennw   Glen has a way to play with Heights that he has posted before about using Sea level etc, and I think he would put the Subfloor of level one at 398' is how he does it. If I find a post on it I'll post back here...

M.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, solver said:

.......Also the ability to set an offset value for use in the model so we are working off a 0 value and not some odd actual elevation.

uuuuhhhh......  hellllooooo.......  I have been asking for that since you were a Pup.......  "the offset value".....  a great name for it.....

I can't believe I have not been using these story pole dimensions.  I am starting to get the hang of them.

1 hour ago, solver said:

I suggested that long ago. Standard practice in many areas.

Also the ability to set an offset value for use in the model so we are working off a 0 value and not some odd actual elevation.

I am pretty sure this can be done, if I am following what you want to do.

I have been over it in previous posts.

Can you be a bit clearer about how you want the various levels and dimensions to relate to each other.

ie, how and where you want to mix both relative and absolute levels.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, dshall said:

uuuuhhhh......  hellllooooo.......  I have been asking for that since you were a Pup.......  "the offset value".....  a great name for it.....

I can't believe I have not been using these story pole dimensions.  I am starting to get the hang of them.

Found it ......it would seem you forgot this "nugget" from last September  :)  Glen's Original post is higher up..... Post # 16

worth a read too later in the Thread Above