Slanted or pitched half wall

TKInteriors

18 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

Take an elevation, select the wall, grab the top edit handle and pull the wall down level. Then grab a corner handle and pull the corner down. Use dimensions to get the desired shape/slant.

How does that work using doors and windows?

35 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

How does that work using doors and windows?

I was just playing with it and Windows and Doors are not effected , only the Wall is "Shaped".

If you meant Windows and Doors themselves you can't shape them with this trick AFAIK , you need to use the SHAPE or ARCH Tab in the DBX to change them but the ARCH Tool is limited and buggy.... see pics

One quirk with Half Wall I found was I need to click the Break Line Tool after selecting the Wall to get the Edit Handles...on Full Height walls this is not needed.

1.thumb.JPG.74c1ef61f0fa90880570984df3322788.JPG2.thumb.JPG.018f0ac4e1032b26e3c5a6a168da143a.JPG

3 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Thanks Mick, sorry I thought they were talking battered walls. Sloping wider at the bottom.

That was why I looked at this thread too initially, I thought maybe we had some new gem in x10, though I don't remember having to use the Break line Tool before to get edit Handles. The Door Arches issue has been around forever , though I don't use it very often , so not sure if it "came back" or has always been there?

M.

38 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Hey Mick, what font are you using in those screenshots?  I like it. 

Sorry , not ignoring you Mike  , I was just making a little "Care Package " for you :)

It is Called Architect's Daughter , ( it is shareware, $5 for commercial use ) I have been using it and MyHand and MyHand2 lately for a more Handwritten "look".

Handwritten_ARCH_Fonts.zip

*** If you are trying to delete Fonts in Windows Explorer make sure the Preview Window isn't enabled or the Font will show as "in use" and not be deleted.

• Upvote 1

Hey, thanks Mick, I really appreciate that : )  I've seen that font a few times over the years while flipping through fonts but I guess I never noticed quite how much I like it..  It seems like it was aptly named as well.  It has a sort of childlike or unpretentious feel to it, and since we all know girls tend to have better handwriting than boys, "Daughter" would be the obvious choice...Had it been "Architect's Son", the font would have to be largely illegible.  

No Problem , Happy to share , you do it all the time, so ....

I have a larger set of Fonts collected over the years if you want to try others too from the ARCH. types

And you are right I wouldn't want my hand writing on it :)

M.

Just now, solver said:

I've seen worse, but here is an example of that male Architect writing.

5aa43b4e63cfb_home-design(3).thumb.jpg.6a407252676295a89808c6ee9ceee541.jpg

Must be part Doctor too :)  funny how so many Architects have a similar 'Hand Style" though , that looks like one of the napkin scribbles I used to get at the Coffee Shop Years ago from an Arch. I used to do work for.

M.