Automatic Callout label in Elevation

OkcDesigner

No I don't believe so but it sure would be great if it did and can't understand why it does not.  I do use the %layout.label% macro in the lower line to help keep things more consistent and it will read the page information where it is placed but is not really a direct link but has no way of fouling up that I am aware of.

Joe,  With your method is there a way of matching what the plan view camera call out displays for use in the view call out for the layout using macro's ?  So that the camera name or number and the layout page number is all automatic.

I assume the OP and I are facing the same issue placing the call out in layout but I assume you are placing the call out in plan and sending to layout. Is that correct ?

Joe,

Thanks but I rename elevations already to make cents to my human brain. IE the "Master Bath 1" and use your handy dandy Block for that and the scale...

Was trying to use Callout and not have view labels on in floor plan view....... 

Chopsaw,

I actually do all my work in plan. Another one of those make cents to my human brain. Only thing i do in layout is titleblock, stuff... I do not even use labels in layout.

I just wish a program claiming BIM really knew how to give access to the BIM... Before anyone calls me out on the BIM statement. ART was the first time i recall hearing it!!! 1995ish

13 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Joe,  With your method is there a way of matching what the plan view camera call out displays for use in the view call out for the layout using macro's ?  So that the camera name or number and the layout page number is all automatic.

I assume the OP and I are facing the same issue placing the call out in layout but I assume you are placing the call out in plan and sending to layout. Is that correct ?

You can get the view name to appear in the callout even if you place the callout in layout.  It just requires a referenced context macro and an arrow connecting the callout to your layout box.  The layout box's automatic_label attribute is the view name.

MIchael,

I think you misunderstood what Marc is wanting.  He wants the Callout he places in the Elevation View to automatically reflect the Camera Callout in the Plan View.  That isn't possible with the current implementation of Cameras & Callouts.

It's something that's been asked for several times but currently can only be done manually - easy to make a mistake.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2018 at 11:09 AM, Joe_Carrick said:

MIchael,

I think you misunderstood what Marc is wanting.  He wants the Callout he places in the Elevation View to automatically reflect the Camera Callout in the Plan View.  That isn't possible with the current implementation of Cameras & Callouts.

It's something that's been asked for several times but currently can only be done manually - easy to make a mistake.

Not to mention a long and labourius process.  I spent 3 hours yesterday on a plan, adding callout references and checking, double checking and triple checking all this work.  I still found one error on the triple check.  Another designer showed me this in Revit Lite the other day, and it is all automatic.  I don't particularly care for using 3D glasses to naviage my designs if I need to spend hours on this type of work to ensure accuracy.

• Upvote 1