Chief X10 lousy camera views

VinnieVicon

The HD 7500 supports Windows 10 but the ATI Radeon 7500 does not according to AMD, it appears you have the HD 7500 so good there.... but it is a legacy device though , ie no longer Supported by AMD but it looks like you don't have the last Catalyst Driver made available for legacy cards installed .... 15.7.1 which is here :

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows 7 - 64

There is also a CRIMSON DRIVER available version 16.2.1 on the page above to try

WINDOWS 10 SUPPORT FOR AMD GRAPHICS CARDS

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Win10-Driver-Support.aspx

From above link:

This article provides information about Windows® 10 driver support for AMD Radeon™ Graphics products.

The content of this article is organized into the following sections:

• Products Supporting Windows® 10
  • Products That Do Not Support Windows® 10

Products Supporting Windows® 10

The following AMD Radeon™ Graphics products fully support DirectX® 12 and will provide the complete Windows® 10 experience:

• AMD Radeon™ R9 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ R7 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ R5 240 GPU
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series Graphics for OEM systems (HD 8570 and up)
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series Graphics for notebooks
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series Graphics (HD 7730 and up)
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series Graphics for notebooks (HD 7730M and up)
  • AMD A4-7000 Series, A6-7000 Series, A8-7000 Series, A10-7000 Series APUs
  • AMD A6 PRO-7000 Series, A8 PRO-7000 Series, A10 PRO-7000 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/A4/A10 Micro-6000 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/E2/A4/A6/A8-6000 Series APUs

The following products have driver support for Windows® 10 and DirectX 11:

• AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series/AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 6000 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series/AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics

If your graphics adapter is included on the list of supported products, please install the latest AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows® 10 to fully enable its feature set.

AMD Catalyst™ Driver can be downloaded from: www.amd.com/drivers.

Products That Do Not Support Windows® 10

AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series products and older are not certified to support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.2 or higher and therefore, do not have driver support for Windows® 10.

The following is a list of graphics products that do not support Windows® 10:

• ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1### Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ X### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X### Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ 9000 Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ 8500 Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ 7500 Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ DDR Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ 7000 Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ 7000VE Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ 7000LE Graphics

On 3/8/2018 at 1:49 PM, VinnieVicon said:

Chief X10 

Win7 

OpenGL Render AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series

OpenGL Version 3.3.13399

Max Lights 8

Video Memory 1024 MB 

Driver atig6xx.dll

Driver Version 15.200.1062.1004

Driver Date 8-3-2015

Hi Vinnie perhaps you could change the title of this Thread to include the AMD Issue so Others find the information Posted here , thanks.

Also check the Post above as you don't have the last available Driver for your Card either. (15.7.1) same as JBHammer

Mick.

Just as a follow up on this thread, I'm considering an upgrade my system and card.  I will stay with a Window OS and go to 10 of course. I'm looking for recommendations for a desktop PC. I've given Chief's requirements to my tech person, but I'm looking for some further direction on manufacturers etc.  Any advice would be welcome. Thanks 

21 minutes ago, JBHammer said:

Just as a follow up on this thread, I'm considering an upgrade my system and card.  I will stay with a Window OS and go to 10 of course. I'm looking for recommendations for a desktop PC. I've given Chief's requirements to my tech person, but I'm looking for some further direction on manufacturers etc.  Any advice would be welcome. Thanks 

Due to DDR4 Ram and Video Card Pricing, at the moment it is more cost effect to buy premade System from the Bigger Manufacturers eg Dell, HP, Asus,Acer etc. and others you see on Amazon or direct

Chris posted about some Skytech Gaming Systems on Amazon last week which were well Spec'd for the Price. We don't have that Company here , so do your research on Customer Support.

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Gaming-Computer-i7-7700K-Motherboard/dp/B07B3XQF7B/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1521128498&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=SkyTech%2BOmega%2B1070ti&th=1

good advice in this thread too

Gentlemen,

My tech told me I'm better off keeping my current system for a couple more years and just updating my video card and going to a solid state drive. I wondering if there's someone out there who's still using Win 7 and X10 (and it's working well). Maybe I should start a new thread for that. The card my guy is considering is an RX 550 w/ 4 GB of memory. Cost is around $200.  Any opinions on that?

thanks much!

CA recommends the Nvidia series of Gaming Cards , that is another AMD Card...., not that it won't work but I can't say if AO is a problem on it to0 or not?

a 6GB or  8GB version would be better 4GB is now the Minimum ( though listed as recommended ), due to PBR. Something like the EVGA 1060 or 1070 Cards ( or any brand ) BUT all VideoCards are expensive right now , though I see some places advertising the 1060 again , though not for $200 , If you can get an older 980Ti for $2-300 then it would be a good buy in that budget Range.

the Pricing of VideoCards individually currently is why I suggested a new system as one way to get that Card and also Win10 in your Case.... New System can also be written off for Business Use?

Let the older Computer become the backup - doing Accounts etc System or Donate it for a tax Credit?

M.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JBHammer said:

thanks Mick. I'll pass that on. Thank you very much for your considerate help all through this thread. 

No Problem , happy to help , maybe email him/her a Link to this Thread and he can read it for himself....

Good idea JBHamner,  I'm in the same boat as you. I want to upgrade my system but money is tight. I have the minimum as described by CA but it's not doing the job with the full camera views and rendering. X10 needs a lot more graphics horse power than the minimum.

On 3/16/2018 at 4:26 PM, VinnieVicon said:

Good idea JBHamner,  I'm in the same boat as you. I want to upgrade my system but money is tight. I have the minimum as described by CA but it's not doing the job with the full camera views and rendering. X10 needs a lot more graphics horse power than the minimum.

I ran a BenchMark for some Comparsion Vinnie out of interest , have a look in JBHammer's other thread...