Glass Walls

Charlenerene

Version: X6

I put in a glass wall and everything is fine. I then went and painted the walls of the room and it painted the glass wall. I can't find a way not to paint the glass wall. Any ideas?

Thanks for putting up with a new person's silly questions. I appreciate it.

Painting one wall of a room with the spray can will paint all the walls of the room, regardless of whether one of the walls is of a different type. Select the room, open the Room Specification dbx, click on Materials>Room>Walls>Plan Material and assign the Use Default material. Close out of the dbxs. Select the walls you want to paint (don't select the glass wall), open the Wall Specification dbx, click on Materials>Interior Wall Surface, and assign the material you want. Be aware that with interior walls, you have to be careful with which side is the "interior" and which side is the "exterior."

So that seems to work, however I don't understand why. But for now I will just go with it. Along the same lines, When I am putting in the wall it stretches over and takes the texture off adjoining walls. Any ideas on how to fix this? I try to get the glass wall to 'snap' to the interior edge of the wall but it goes all the way across. see attached.

The other thing you should do is pay attention to the "Spray Can Modes" on the Edit Toolbar.  This will allow you to control what is painted.

If you have existing messes to clean up, select the room and edit the Wall Material to "Use Default".  That will eliminate any "Paint".