Question for Mac Users

ashlylynn21

Mac Users, When you upgrade your version of CA, how do you get rid of the old versions? Do you just leave them there? Or do you install a program to delete them? I love my Mac a lot, but I hate how you can't just delete a program like you could with PCs. So I'm looking for advice on what to do. I feel like all the unused programs on my computer are slowing it down, does that sound right?

A good utility program to have is CLEAN MY MAC. I use it all the time to clean up my hard drive from junk files it has accumulated. It will also remove applications you no longer need or want, especially including all the 'bits & pieces' of the application hiding in various hard drive folders. Deleting from the application folder alone is not enough.

Cheers.

3 hours ago, ashlylynn21 said:

Mac Users, When you upgrade your version of CA, how do you get rid of the old versions? Do you just leave them there? Or do you install a program to delete them? I love my Mac a lot, but I hate how you can't just delete a program like you could with PCs. So I'm looking for advice on what to do. I feel like all the unused programs on my computer are slowing it down, does that sound right?

Heck fire Bud,  I just grab them and throw them in the trash.

I did do a quick search and it seems like what I do works...  but you might want to read this:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/uninstall-software-apps-mac-3463412/ 

oops,  Ashley Lynn is not a Bud but a Buddette.

• Upvote 1

I don't delete apps but as a Mac user since 1988 I can tell you, just drag it to the trash. If you want to remove the only other bit of info, go into the Library on your root drive, find the folder for the app you're deleting and move it to the trash too. Then empty trash. Done.

• Upvote 1