Bow Front Cabinet Radius?

Larry_Sweeney

Eric...................I guess it's time to quit for the night. I looked at the "General Panel" many times and never saw the Bow Depth. Thanks for the "heads up". How would you handle a curved back. Is that a possibility? Thank you and have a great day!

Eric..................That's a good suggestion for a regular cabinet, but I'm trying to make an open bookcase that is 16" deep. I'll have to play with that suggestion. maybe I can get the "look" by making the rear cabinet 3/4" deep and then for the plan view use a cad drawing of the cabinet.-------------I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion.

3 hours ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Eric..................That's a good suggestion for a regular cabinet, but I'm trying to make an open bookcase that is 16" deep. I'll have to play with that suggestion. maybe I can get the "look" by making the rear cabinet 3/4" deep and then for the plan view use a cad drawing of the cabinet.-------------I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion.

I may not understand the bow on the back you want , cos if you made the cabinet 3/4 deep you 'd have no room for the convex curve , it is why Imade my cabinet 9" with the -7 bow which leaves 2" depth at the center of the cabinet.

M.

Mick.............Yes, I found that out. What I'm now trying to understand is how Eric got the curved back on the cabinet he showed. I'm understanding the deleting of the sides and back, but I'm still not getting the look I'm after when I combine the two cabinets back to back-----------YET! 

Eric.............Any clues on that cabinet?

5a9ec6a4f1157_cabinetpicture.thumb.JPG.738e750f2a835540c9917b8ceed4ad44.JPG This what I'm after.   So far, this is what I've come up with 5a9ec87a11de6_cabinetlook.thumb.JPG.1711b033b876b320e51cafa2e5e6cce6.JPG

17 minutes ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Mick.............Yes, I found that out. What I'm now trying to understand is how Eric got the curved back on the cabinet he showed. I'm understanding the deleting of the sides and back, but I'm still not getting the look I'm after when I combine the two cabinets back to back-----------YET! 

Eric.............Any clues on that cabinet?

5a9ec6a4f1157_cabinetpicture.thumb.JPG.738e750f2a835540c9917b8ceed4ad44.JPG This what I'm after.   So far, this is what I've come up with 5a9ec87a11de6_cabinetlook.thumb.JPG.1711b033b876b320e51cafa2e5e6cce6.JPG

the cabinet in the pic seems to have a flat panel on the Back ?, I made my Back ( front actually) with the Side Panel inset in the pic below.

33.thumb.JPG.d26c33810705fa09be3de7d9c86b2008.JPG

Front cabinet has openings at back to match front, Back cabinet copy reverse, change bow, change back from "match front" to custom and leave it alone, change front by deleting all layouts and making the front Blank. Place cabinets back to back, adjust depths as needed. I also changed the default separation on the "back caibnet" to 3/4"

curved bookcase.png

Mark................Since the back is hidden under a landing that's pretty much the same conclusion I came to accept.  finish.thumb.JPG.973670ad56d0fe7ef7fcf8f628306d08.JPG

Eric, Mick & Mark.............Thank you for time and advice ( and you CA wisdom).  Even though I wasn't quite able to get exactly what I was looking for I learned much more what I can doe with the cabinet tools. Have a great day.