Can Chief Open Home Designer Files Flawlessly

istion

Can Chief architect open home designer files flawlessly?  I was given a file to open, and it seems to have a lot of weirdness, items not quite matching up ect.

WOndering if I can open them without errors, or do those errors exist in original plan?

Is there a way to import it better, then simply opening them.

I can't find the roof in chief???  how do I edit it?

post the plan for others to try , as there should be no issues at all , unless perhaps the User has tried all sorts of Workarounds to "fix" stuff his/her version can't do.

Unless you have just fond a new Bug in x10?  Eric ,(Solver)  plays with alot of HD files though from the HomeTalk Forum , so I'd think he knows.

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.
If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum or are perhaps on the CA Mobile WebSite.

It matters what version of Chief you are using and what version of HD they are using if it is compatible, I did a project with someone but had to use X7 to work on his plan files so we could share them with each other

The quality of such plan files is NOT dependant upon Chief Inc but rather on the creator of the.plan file. If you get a crazy plan file it is because the person who made that plan is incompetent. I work with Home Designer users all the time with NO problems, so I know it can be done.

DJP

I believe Chief Premier can open any version of HD - if the HD version is current or earlier

Chief X8 or earlier is needed to open .pl0/.pl1 vintage files

I think the HD product can only work with the related Chief Premier product

and the "edit flag" has to be turned on in Chief Premier - otherwise the HD product can only do read only

Lew

2 hours ago, lbuttery said:

I think the HD product can only work with the related Chief Premier product

Lew is correct: X10 can easily open and return edited Home Designer Pro 2019 plan files, X9 can do so with Home Designer titles of the 2018 version, X8 can do so with HD 2017 versions, X7 works well with HD 2016 titles and so on. (That is why I have kept older versions of Chief Premier going back to ancient version 7).

DJP