Refrigerator panel

GMBKitchens

I've spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to add a refrigerator panel with a 3 inch return to my layout. Anyone out there knows the easiest way to do that? I need a regular tall end panel to the left of the frigde. I will attach a picture.5a9c5c1f18ccf_WoodsmallRangewallelevation.thumb.jpg.6f8dd6f39d94fd78b892fb291b026433.jpg

• 3 years later...

OK, I downloaded the plan MarkMcK posted and manipulated the side-panel-as-cabinet to get the slab side and front 1x2 stile, but while it shows as it should in 3D it does not look like what Mark can do in another plan he did (not posted plan, images only).

I show here my results and in one image of plan view, show how the cab looks and in another image, show my preferred look, which allows me to easily call out in a zoom detail of the plan view, how the panel is made of a slab with a stile front.

How do you do it, Mark?

2021-08-21 11_46_44-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

2021-08-21 11_47_17-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

2021-08-21 11_47_48-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

2021-08-21 11_49_05-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

I think IIRC the front needs to be side panel applied?  Inset

* and cabinet needs to be

• on a layer with an invisible line style , ie Cabinets, Base 2
  • ALDO needs to have show cabinet doors layer displayed, (solid line-style),
  • box construction framed, and separation 0"
  • Front and left are side panel inset, (for this LH end panel)
  • Left Side > panel inset Right Stile needs to be 3/4"
  • right side is an opening or none in X13 ( back also )
  • the last step is to set the General Cabinet Defaults to always Show Door and Drawers. it's IMPORTANT.....it will be invisible otherwise

Mick.

I seem to be able to make it in X13.  Its pretty easily provable by the way.  Just use the Match Properties tool to apply all setting from that X12 cabinet to an X13 cabinet.  I don't believe you can affect any properties using the Match Properties tool that couldn't also be done through the dialog.

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

There are several methods that work in X13 including those you already listed.  The left side needs to have a 3/4" right stile though in all methods that I know of. 

I'd really like to see that. Why don't you post one that works using the standard base cabinet layer so we can all learn.

13 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

I'd really like to see that. Why don't you post one that works using the standard base cabinet layer so we can all learn.

Here you go.  One of several ways to do it.  Created using the OOB X13 Residential Template Plan...

1780157244_Testpic.thumb.jpg.526370aecaba600c968164b517c1addb.jpg

Test.plan

P.S.  If you want to get rid of the dashed outline you just do the same thing you did in your X12 template and place onto a unique layer using the invisible line style and turn off the cabinet fill.  All doable in X13 same as before though.

14 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Here you go.  One of several ways to do it.  Created using the OOB X13 Residential Template Plan...

Not the same as image.thumb.png.1afdaaf20870ad889f8416f162ae8581.png

I replaced opened the original in 13 and replaced it here. Left side shows what you show which is not what was asked for. What are the several ways?

15 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Not the same as image.thumb.png.1afdaaf20870ad889f8416f162ae8581.png

I replaced opened the original in 13 and replaced it here. Left side shows what you show which is not what was asked for. What are the several ways?

Read the little P.S. at the end of my last post.  You just need to change 2 little things to get the same results in X13.  I just didn’t do them because I wasn’t 100% sure which part you were talking about that was not reproducible in X13.

And the other ways are all pretty similar.  I don’t have the time or desire to get into them.  They’re basically just simple variations of the same using minor differences in face settings like using None instead of Openings for example.  No real differences worth noting IMO.  I just know I came up with the same results using a number of different settings.

I spent an hour last night in X13 trying to scratch build one alongside the one in Mark's file, and am failing to do whatever little move is needed to get a panel to render proper in 3d.

This application of the cabinet tool has to be one of the most non-intuitive things done in Chief, to get a result needed in most every kitchen.

it deserves a video that clearly describes the steps.

3 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

a video that clearly describes the steps.

You have no idea how much I hate doing vids. While you watch it keep a plan open and consider what you may have missed. Usually when I post things I think folks will open all DBX and ALL tabs to understand what is going on. I believe in the long run that is more useful but I relented here. Vid in tips

For some reason audio did not come through, like I said I don't do vids, sorry.

5 hours ago, MarkMc said:

That was established a while ago when I noted the layer being the issue and not the DBX. Figured you'd get around to seeing that.

image.thumb.png.4a55b1e2613a19ab17e273dd84dc1bb6.png

I understand that was established a long time ago.  Mick mentioned it about 30 posts back.  I guess I’m lost now.  You made the statement to the effect that it was no longer possible to make from scratch in X13.  What is it that you’re claiming we can’t do in X13 then?

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I guess you didn't click the link in his last post.......it's done and dusted......

I wasn’t responding to that last post.  Bottom line is that you guys claimed the configuration was no longer possible in X13.  I proceeded to show that it was though, and through multiple permutations since it was unclear which part you guys were having a problem reproducing.  I’m glad I could help show that it still works though.