Window "Levels" question

Larry_Sweeney

I have a 12' ceiling room. I placed windows large window units on "level 0". 5a9b00c88cf36_WINDOW1.thumb.JPG.d6fefcc10eb9ee6c6c9f6d67877eeb30.JPG I then placed smaller units on "level 1" above my first windows. After placing the smaller "level 1" windows the wall (plan view) jumped in to the side of the "level 1" unit which is approx. 3" in from the "level 0" window (A)  5a9b015496de0_WINDOW2.thumb.JPG.271ff9f7859132e7b434f2b1df2d3d9d.JPG This happened on just one side of the "level 0" window opening. Is this a bug?  Also, is there a way to not show the "level 1" units and the lines shown as "B" in plan view.  I tried with putting "level 1" windows on a different layer and turning it off, but the "B" lines still remain and the wall area that moved does not change back to it's original location. Plan attached. As always all advice and time is greatly appreciated.

CHANDLER REMODEL 4.zip

See what tech has to say for sure but I think I had a situation like that and ended up putting the upper level windows in the attic wall and then adjusting their elevation so they appeared to be in the correct position.

Chopsaw..............................The problem with that possible work around is that I have a rooms above the room with my window level problem. I don't know if I can add a floor between the now 1st and 2nd floor to use your solution or not. Since I'm pretty far along in the modeling stage adding that floor might open a whole "can of worms". I'll get back to you later on what happens.

Chopsaw.............I divided my 12' high room into two levels. My doors were 8' high. This being the case I made my lower room with a 8' ceiling and the top section 4' high with no floor. I then moved all my 2'x2' window units up into the new level. By doing this the 2'x2' units don't show on the 1st floor plan view. This would have been much easier if I had thought of having 2 floor level in the same room as I was building my model. Because I already had a 2nd floor and roof built it involved much more work to get everything back to correct elevations. There are still a couple of items to correct, but I don't think there are any real problems. The thing to take away from this is that having two floors in the same room with no floor in the room above is a good work around so level 1 windows don't show over top of level 0 windows in plan view. This also eliminated the showing of the wall coming in to the level 1 windows as shown in the attachment when I first posted.