4 9/16" Door jamb in 6" wall?

Larry_Sweeney

Is there a work around to make a 4 9/16" door jamb to fit in a 6" exterior wall? I want to return sheetrock into the jamb. 5a99722f38e50_doordetail.thumb.JPG.212a3069fbbb2397c600ef66a0801475.JPG  The door is a 6' patio type that is hinged on the center (which CA still hasn't addressed). You can do this with windows so you should be able to get the same look with doors if you want. Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Okay, I found that before I mull the doors together I can change the jamb depth, BUT the doors do not move with the jamb. Is this a known bug or am I missing something? I'm mulling two doors together to get the center hinged patio door look or there another way to get this look?

Eric................I suppose that will work and at this time it's an option though to get it to look correct in plan view is a pain. I sent in a report to tech support. It will be interesting as to what they say. Thanks for the time and advice.

2 hours ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Okay, I found that before I mull the doors together I can change the jamb depth, BUT the doors do not move with the jamb. Is this a known bug or am I missing something? I'm mulling two doors together to get the center hinged patio door look or there another way to get this look?

The Swings from Center Option is there , unfortunately Chief does not build the Door Correctly in 3D  ie the door is hinged to nothing  :)

You can turn the Casing off in this case and make the Interior Trim ( includes Jamb) Drywall and set the Jamb to 1/2" and Fit Jamb to Wall.

seems to work for me ( not 100% convincing) but maybe I didn't pick up on everything you are trying to show...?  I'm in X10 if it makes a difference...

Plan View isn't great though....

4.JPG

Mick................I missed the new door swing option in X10. It is a very important detail not having the hinges attach to anything though. There is still the problem of the doors not moving in with the jamb when the jamb size is changed. 5a99a51da5b75_doorproblem.thumb.JPG.501c95727862b996cc5c01830d2802c0.JPG THAT is a real problem. Of course, how it looks in plan view doesn't help either.

24 minutes ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Mick................I missed the new door swing option in X10. It is a very important detail not having the hinges attach to anything though. There is still the problem of the doors not moving in with the jamb when the jamb size is changed. 5a99a51da5b75_doorproblem.thumb.JPG.501c95727862b996cc5c01830d2802c0.JPG THAT is a real problem. Of course, how it looks in plan view doesn't help either.

I think it's there in X9 to actually but I have never used it ... just remembered seeing it in X10 , but TBH Chief still deals with it badly and I am not sure there is a good workaround , I would repost this in Suggestions though.

M.