Freize Boards or Moldings in X10 - problems?

calgaryhomes

Anybody else having this issue with X10?

I created this plan in X9 and all the freize boards worked good, but when I open it in X10 the boards either won't show up or are all disconnected.

This seems especially true on the curved roofs.  I asked tech support, but they haven't provided a workable answer.  

Any thoughts here?

17-0410-SS-Discovery_1-2350-orig.plan

x9.jpg

x10.jpg

I have seen an issue reported in X10 that Roof Planes are interfering with Walls ( eg stucco disappearing or a Hole) in Plans brought forward in some cases, ( Tech Support is aware of this apparently and looking into it) . In the Past this has been one reason for Friezes to not work Properly , I'll have a look , and see if I can find anything....

*** Nice House , its a pity X10 Broke it :(  , didn't find anything obviously wrong though, works in X9 here too.

M.

I can verify your results. I checked one of my plans started in X8 that was similar and it looks OK in X10, where your plan does not.

Good looking house with plenty of effort in the details. I was curious what an all gable version might look like.

ct1.thumb.jpg.a674b35940a1c2fa3a6722eb1276e8e3.jpgct2.thumb.jpg.dfd2e44734fa2d2c5f36323dd17ea66c.jpg

There is something odd happening with the frieze even with all these changes. Notice the bright piece on the garage. If I paint it, it, along with other pieces elsewhere on the house disappear. I was working in X9.

I'll also make a couple of suggestions. Consider doing your curved roofs as a single roof plane. Pitch at 0", then create the curve. Also setting the facet angle to 3 or so will make them smoother.

You have used solids to create exterior trim and other, where I might use molding polylines. Easy to change position and profile.

5 hours ago, calgaryhomes said:

Anybody else having this issue with X10?

I created this plan in X9 and all the freize boards worked good, but when I open it in X10 the boards either won't show up or are all disconnected.

This seems especially true on the curved roofs.  I asked tech support, but they haven't provided a workable answer.  

Any thoughts here?

17-0410-SS-Discovery_1-2350-orig.plan

x9.jpg

x10.jpg

Very nice work I have to say.

Okay ...a partial fix in X10 , your curved Roof is causing Issues still... Eric's suggestion about the curves Roof may help with this....

go into Build Roof>Edit All Roof Planes>Frieze     and delete the 8x3 Crown Moulding in there. and exit

( don't add anything back here...didn't work for me anyway )

Now Select the Roof Planes themselves and add the desired Frieze Back as needed. ...could be a bit painstaking .... I made a quick 18 x 4 Moulding instead of the 2 piece Original , for these pics..

1.thumb.JPG.1d7ae1f7ac6dc936ee23ebc251577126.JPG2.thumb.JPG.b554841454ee5937d48c229ac1cebda7.JPG3.thumb.JPG.08d386ed4dad96354e9dc995b691399b.JPG

FlatStock Moulding including the New Frieze.

MHD FlatStock Mouldings.calibz

Thanks Fellas

Sorry it took so long to get back here.  It's been super busy this past year and this new issue just wasn't helping.

I kept a copy of this house in X9 and will finish it there, but interested to see I'm not the only one that has this issue.

I usually make my trim out of solids or mouldings, but with a time crunch I decided to try the freize boards in X9 for this plan,

and it worked good.  Just disappointed it crapped out when I imported to X10.  Until this is resolved in a program update, I 

will go back to my secure workarounds.  

Love the all gable version BTW.

And thank you all again.

39 minutes ago, calgaryhomes said:

Thanks Fellas

Sorry it took so long to get back here.  It's been super busy this past year and this new issue just wasn't helping.

I kept a copy of this house in X9 and will finish it there, but interested to see I'm not the only one that has this issue.

I usually make my trim out of solids or mouldings, but with a time crunch I decided to try the freize boards in X9 for this plan,

and it worked good.  Just disappointed it crapped out when I imported to X10.  Until this is resolved in a program update, I 

will go back to my secure workarounds.  

Love the all gable version BTW.

And thank you all again.

Well make sure to send the Plan in to Tech. Support or they will likely never know there is an issue....it's the 1st report I have see of it.

M.

• Upvote 1

On 01/03/2018 at 2:39 PM, Kbird1 said:

Well make sure to send the Plan in to Tech. Support or they will likely never know there is an issue....it's the 1st report I have see of it.

M.

I sent it to tech before posting here.  they had no useable solution, just suggested redraw in X10