CPU Maxed Out

builtright3

X10 has a new lighting scheme Joey which always Uses Shadows , which are now call Ray Casted Sun Shadows (RCSS) which is based on Ray Tracing , so you will see increased CPU use if not disabled , there is also a new View type Called PBR ( Physical Based Rendering ) which is much faster than RTing.

The increase CPU usage was the 1st thing I noticed after installing x10 too...

You have some catching up to do here on the Forums  :)  and you need to update your Sig. to X10

M,

DJP, I have to disagree. Several of this dude's videos are complete BS and following his advice can lead to seriously messing up your system. All you have to do is read the description below the videos:

joke.thumb.PNG.7a92f85ad9ea1260b160a96ee974369a.PNG

...or just read the comments sections.

• Upvote 1

David,

With all due respect, this ThioJoe guy is a comedian.  Replying by saying you tried his stuff and it worked could motivate some less computer-savvy people to try it out and get in to trouble.

Unless you were joking?

P.S. if not joking, provide some before/after figures.

• Upvote 1

He has different Youtube channels. Originally he made "joke" videos (like the ones DJP posted) on his ThioJoe channel to garner clicks and revenue. Then he branched out to do serious tech reviews on his ThioJoeTech channel. Now he's rolling his TioJoeTech content into his ThioJoe channel - so it will be even more difficult for people to discern between his "joke" videos and real tech reviews. IMO he's a jacka**. But hey, it's a free internet, right?

• Upvote 1

I regret that none of my posts has actually addressed the OP's question.

Joey, your graphics card is a bit underwhelming to be running Chief. Quadro cards are less than ideal - and the M2000M is mid-range at best. When my office made the switch  from AutoCAD products to Chief we were using desktop workstations with very expensive Quadro cards, and their performance with Chief was poor. Now we buy custom gaming rigs and everything is golden.

ThioJoe made a video warning people the he makes humorous videos that you should not follow as truth. However he has what he claims to be a legitimate set of videos to actually help people.

The problem is how do we know for sure what is fiction and what is truth. I would like to believe him but I just cant unless I have something to back it up. I think he screwed himself by starting the fake videos and then trying to go legit. So he is technically a dumba** anyway.

No worries David!

I really appreciate your help and we all fall for the crap once and a while and we really don't know what's true or not with this guy. That is why this forum is so wonderful. We can all learn from each other and help each other out. Even the most knowledgeable guy on this forum can use help from time to time. I only wish I had more to offer than always being the guy to ask the questions but I guess in some ways I am helping by asking in the first place. We challenge each other.

OK, enough mushy talk!

You are vital to our forum David thank you for your humble attitude and all the effort you put in!!

That guy’s “comedy” may be lost on me, but one thing I do find rather interesting is the placebo effect his videos seem to have.  The methods he’s using are just plain trickery but time after time people are convinced their computers are running better.  Is he helping those people despite himself?  That’s a tuffy.  

9 hours ago, rlackore said:

I regret that none of my posts has actually addressed the OP's question.

Joey, your graphics card is a bit underwhelming to be running Chief. Quadro cards are less than ideal - and the M2000M is mid-range at best. When my office made the switch  from AutoCAD products to Chief we were using desktop workstations with very expensive Quadro cards, and their performance with Chief was poor. Now we buy custom gaming rigs and everything is golden.

Thank You Robert,

I appreciate the input but I'm very happy with my new laptop for what I do. The problem with the CPU is minor and I was just curious why it did that. From what I understand that even gaming computers will max out the CPU but there are setting that you can do to help with that if its an issue. Other than that everything runs fine But I like to understand how things work.