Chief Architect Premier X9.exe - Bad Image

wesdutka

Everytime I start Chief Architect X9 and now X10 recently download I get this message.

Chief Architect Premier X9.exe - Bad Image

C:\Program Files\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X9 (64 bit)\icuin51.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.  Error status 0xc0000020.

I have tried reinstalling using the fix program icon and this seems to work but only temporarily.  As soon as I reboot my computer this same error comes up again forcing me to once again start the reinstall.  

Has this happened to anyone or does someone have some insight into why this is happening.  I'm not a computer programmer to be able to do some advanced adjusting to my system...if it is indeed my system but hope to get some feedback. 

Thanks in advance.

Wes

What you are describing is not something that happens often.  I would recommend that you do a full uninstall and then reinstall.  Before doing that, I would also do a full virus scan.

If that does not work, then by all means contact our technical support team for further assistance.

• 9 months later...

Last year I upgraded from X8 to X9 then found out that I needed dedicated graphics' for the X9 to work properly even with my 3 month old Dell Lap Top. I had to remove the X9 and go back to X8. I had drawn 2 large homes on the X9 and now I cannot open them the do any modifications. I did not see a full disclosure or computer requirements before or at purchase time. How can I find out what is needed to work as needed, if I upgrade to X10?  

8 minutes ago, DesignsbyDan said:

Last year I upgraded from X8 to X9 then found out that I needed dedicated graphics' for the X9 to work properly even with my 3 month old Dell Lap Top. I had to remove the X9 and go back to X8. I had drawn 2 large homes on the X9 and now I cannot open them the do any modifications. I did not see a full disclosure or computer requirements before or at purchase time. How can I find out what is needed to work as needed, if I upgrade to X10?  

Have you tried since? as Chief did a lot of work to get CA working with Intel Cards ( which I assume you have) and again in X10 earlier this year after certain Drivers were problem-matic.

Chief has always recommended Nvidia based Gaming graphics cards, there is no need for a Quadro based card as it offers no benefits in Chief.

M.