Change Multiple Room Structures

basilbabaa

Is there a reason you cannot do this?  Perhaps I am trying to do something that I ought not, or am thinking about this all wrong...?  But, I would like to select multiple rooms and alter their ceiling & floor structures, absolute elevations, etc...   while leaving other rooms alone...

When I select multiple rooms these options are greyed out; I have to select every room and run through the entire structure where floor levels are different.

• Upvote 1

The tools provided work this way: after setting global default settings for the majority of a floor you can then make a group of changes by selecting one room, alter its ceiling height, floor height values, then select that room in plan view and in the "Edit Toolbar" you select "Load same Values" which then gives you a dialog to select the values you want to load. You then click "OK", then choose "Make Same Values", again this is available in the Edit Toolbar as a choice after selecting what values you wish to share with other rooms. Once selected all rooms (spaces) which share those selected values will visually "select" in plan view, where you can then see which rooms match your intended settings and which do not. To finish up you left-click in each room you wish to match properties with.

DJP

See Tim's video as a demonstration please:

On 2/27/2018 at 4:11 PM, basilbabaa said:

Is there a reason you cannot do this?  Perhaps I am trying to do something that I ought not, or am thinking about this all wrong...?  But, I would like to select multiple rooms and alter their ceiling & floor structures, absolute elevations, etc...   while leaving other rooms alone...

When I select multiple rooms these options are greyed out; I have to select every room and run through the entire structure where floor levels are different.

Good idea,  this would work quicker than the option DJP suggests.  But until then,  use DJP suggestion.