Storing Library Folders in Cloud

mdarch47

Wondering if anyone with experience storing their Library folders in a Cloud format can share some insight.  Planning to upgrade to X10 soon and believe that would be the way to go.  I run Chief from multiple locations, home office PC, Laptop and a second license with a remote helper.  Ideally I would be able to access the same Library files and only have to update a single location.  I have a OneDrive account with plenty of Cloud storage space.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Michael I would be interested in this also since I have someone working off site with my second license and would like to have the same library's the same for both instances. I storm my plans in Dropbox for both of us to have access but would like for both of us to have the same lib as well as the same everything

6 hours ago, chief58 said:

Michael I would be interested in this also since I have someone working off site with my second license and would like to have the same library's the same for both instances. I storm my plans in Dropbox for both of us to have access but would like for both of us to have the same lib as well as the same everything

On 2/26/2018 at 5:37 PM, mdarch47 said:

Wondering if anyone with experience storing their Library folders in a Cloud format can share some insight.  Planning to upgrade to X10 soon and believe that would be the way to go.  I run Chief from multiple locations, home office PC, Laptop and a second license with a remote helper.  Ideally I would be able to access the same Library files and only have to update a single location.  I have a OneDrive account with plenty of Cloud storage space.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I use OneDrive

Cloud integration works well with a few caveats. To accomplish it you have to point your data folder to the cloud folder you wish to use as common. 

If you pause your sync the cloud service will take ownership of the library file and thus lock it. This will create a conflicted copy which the cloud service will still sync but with a tag that matches your computer's name.

So long as you are actively syncing a database file you can not switch to the new computer.

Best practice is that Computer 1 needs to upload the library, and computer 2 needs to download the library before swapping license

• Upvote 1