Vertical Strip Lighting

TKInteriors

Thank you in advance for your help...

I need to create a soft glow behind the sink cabinet. The tiled wall framed in wood sets 6" proud of the back wall.

I've tried adding puck lighting (turned vertical) with varying numbers of pucks and illuminations  -- 5 to 19 pucks per side with custom illumination of 1% to 7%.

When ray traced either gaps between two few lights or not all illuminate with too many lights.

Does anyone have a solution?

Kind regards, Tamela

SampleCA.jpg

32 minutes ago, TKInteriors said:

Thank you in advance for your help...

I need to create a soft glow behind the sink cabinet. The tiled wall framed in wood sets 6" proud of the back wall.

I've tried adding puck lighting (turned vertical) with varying numbers of pucks and illuminations  -- 5 to 19 pucks per side with custom illumination of 1% to 7%.

When ray traced either gaps between two few lights or not all illuminate with too many lights.

Does anyone have a solution?

Kind regards, Tamela

SampleCA.jpg

You could create your own light. Go into a blank plan and draw a polyline cylinder and apply a "lighting white" texture to it. Then go to tools/symbol/convert to symbol and scroll down the type to "electrical", check the box "advanced options" and click okay which will bring up the advanced options dbx. In advanced options, name your light, then switch to the options tab and make sure to check "light" and in your case "hangs on wall", then click OK.

This will add your newly created light to your user library. Take the added light and place it in plan. You can then open the light (ctrl+e by default) and adjust the color temperature and luminosity.

You will have to check the box "show position in camera view" under the light data tab so that you can position lights in the correct orientation.

This is good practice with many practical applications and will be reusable in future. 

You can even shape your light to the true specs of the light source you are using.

Do you have a spec for the type of fixture you will use?

27 minutes ago, TKInteriors said:

I think creating a symbol is the ticket. See the sconce lighting? Those are "lighting white" however I didn't not convert the sconce to a symbol.

I will give your advice a go.

Much appreciation, Tamela

Just made this, its based on true spec. give it a go

:InvisiLED 45 Degree Angled Strip Light by WAC lighting.calibz

• Downvote 1

This morning I called and spoke to support. The suggestions was to stack light sources and change the absolute value on each to place at incremental heights to achieve the appearance of back lighting. For instance the distance from ceiling to floor is 108". I placed five lights and spaced them out evenly then adjusted the lumens and light coloring. Hope this helps someone! Kindly, Tamela