Wall Niche

Designer1

Does anyone know if the wall Niches allow for full height?  I tried it but the floor covering is removed and the baseboards dont go into the niche.  Ive seen wall niches go full height like this but Im wondering if this isnt possible with Chiefs wall niche tool?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Wall Niche.jpg

Thanks for the replys.  David, If I use a double wall feature with a doorway in one when you move the wall with the doorway in it it cuts the same doorway into the second wall.  Its only works if you seperate the walls by an inch or so.

Tommy, The wall I created was 18" thick with a 14" niche.  That way it can fit a piece of art of small table.  I like the niche tool because you can carve an niche shape or size.  It only becomes an issue if you make it full size to the floor in which you get the result in the picture. Hopefully in future releases the niche tool wont delete floor surfaces and will allow for base molding to continue if you choose to have it that way.

41 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Thanks for the replys.  David, If I use a double wall feature with a doorway in one when you move the wall with the doorway in it it cuts the same doorway into the second wall.  Its only works if you seperate the walls by an inch or so

You can control the door to only building into one wall by using the Not Through option in the door dbx.

New Image_26.jpg