SSA Renewal

AshTree

My SSA lapsed for 2 months, my understanding was that I will pay $95 in addition to the normal yearly subscription of $495 (for a total of $590); but the renewal came to me as $695.

Did CA changed the fee structure?

Thanks for any explanation.

I believe the Lapse Policy is only available for 30 Days after the Lapse ( ie a late payment ) but also only applies if the Current Version is still active , which is probably why they are charging you for an Upgrade now because X10 has been released. ( Feb 15th )

You maybe right Lew , I am not sure why I "think" the lapse period is 30 days.....but I do know once a new version is released then you no longer qualify for Renewal if not Current and must upgrade....hasn't  been long since the new Release so hopefully they can help him out.

From my last email about SSA :

Automatic SSA renewal and discounted multi-year SSA renewal options are available. For more information, please contact Chief Architect Sales.

Thank you for being a valued Chief Architect customer.

Sincerely,

Chief Architect Software

sales@chiefarchitect.com

Please Note:
If your SSA expires, a $95 re-instatement will be applied and the one-year SSA period will begin from the time of renewal. If a new version has since been released, then you are subject to regular upgrade pricing. Upgrade pricing can be found at www.chiefarchitect.com.

M.

• 4 weeks later...

yes prices seem to have change.

myself, i have not renewed my SSA and have not upgraded to CA X10 for the reason that i feel that CA has not upgraded to today's architectural needs.

and is lagging behind in what architects want.

CA stays focusing on interiors which it is good at, but-

CA - Chief Architect is not Chief Interiors or maybe CA should change its name to CI.

so sadly. CA is not helping us architects to stay inline with the future designs that are required in today's demands.  

Come to think of it...  I was trying to remember what a hardware lock is,  I was also trying to remember what points and condensers are used for.  I think I have come to the conclusion that both are very old technologies that I don’t need to know about.

”Hey Lynn,  can you please move that Blue Ray out of the way so I have a place to put my brand new Technics Turntable.  And while you are at it,  please reconnect my fax machine”.

• Upvote 2

yes Perry, CA has some interesting things in X10. but again, for interiors. what about the architects?

and Lew, i use the hardware locks. a case of practicality. is this another downgrade for CA?  

Antoine:

yes, it is a "downgrade"

no more hardware locks

If I was still in business I might have to suck it up and go with the software locks

but I only use Chief for my historical projects so I think X9 will be sufficient for that need

for  many a year to come

Scott/Perry:

BTW, I'm stuck on Office 2010 also :)

and Win7 :)

Lew

11 hours ago, antoine said:

yes Perry, CA has some interesting things in X10. but again, for interiors. what about the architects?

and Lew, i use the hardware locks. a case of practicality. is this another downgrade for CA?  

For me the new features in X10 are much more important than hardware locks b/c I'll take productivity improvements any day

yes that is fine Perry, and there is nothing wrong with that, but i think that you are more of an interior or house remodeling type of designer.

so what CA at its present status has done is totally fine for you,

but please try to get my point. Chief Architect, means an architect of supperiorarity, meaning a building structure of an important size not an interior designer.

now please all viewers, i'm not saying that there is any inferior insinuation of what i have stated, it's just a statement of fact.

i respect all designers no matter what they do, as long as it is done with quality and function.

but as CA states that it is an architectural software. i feel it should help more on the architectural side.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I'll take productivity improvements any day

Perry:

If I was still in business I might agree

I think X9 will continue to meet my needs

and I do wonder what will happen if CA changes policies and decides to turn off older software locks

or someone buys the company or they go out of business or their building burns down etc etc etc

Lew

Lew

3 hours ago, antoine said:

yes that is fine Perry, and there is nothing wrong with that, but i think that you are more of an interior or house remodeling type of designer.

so what CA at its present status has done is totally fine for you,

but please try to get my point. Chief Architect, means an architect of supperiorarity, meaning a building structure of an important size not an interior designer.

now please all viewers, i'm not saying that there is any inferior insinuation of what i have stated, it's just a statement of fact.

i respect all designers no matter what they do, as long as it is done with quality and function.

but as CA states that it is an architectural software. i feel it should help more on the architectural side.  

never been an interior anything, i provide working drawings including structural for building permits --Con doc's.   Never said Chief does commercial but I don't do that anyway. I just stick with custom homes and mostly remodeling up to 1.5 mil.

ok guys, 

the anishal comment to this post was the renewal of the SSA.

so from what i understand from the above,- the price rises after a 30 day period.

this doesn't seem like CA is interested in keeping its clients happen or even encouraging clients to stay or even encouraging new clients in this vast marketing scope of today.

what is happening?

and Perry. no disrespect mate. have a good one in your direction.

and have a great day /evening all

8 hours ago, antoine said:

so from what i understand from the above,- the price rises after a 30 day period.

this doesn't seem like CA is interested in keeping its clients happen or even encouraging clients to stay or even encouraging new clients in this vast marketing scope of today.

what is happening?

Just depends on how you view this. Loyal customers get a discount if they renew within 30 days. Seems to me like a reasonable marketing strategy to encourage clients to stay and continue their SSA subscription.

Long term commitment is not really driven by the SSA cost, it is more dependent on whether one is satisfied with the software's capability in respect to their needs. This is the issue you are experiencing.

you are quite correct Graham.

but would you not consider someone who has been around from CA 7 (in my case), a loyal client.
strange that i would have to pay an excess after all these years of using CA for the passover of 30 days off the SSA.

i have been asking now repeatedly for the last 3 years to advance more on the architectural side of things (as you yourself know). without any feedback or explanations of why we are not helping the future of architecture. 

so today i am still on CA X9 because i consider CA X10 is pushing more for interiors rather than helping people like myself, with more structure tools.

i feel disappointed after being so long with CA, that CA hasn't done more for architects.

and i think that i'm not alone in this dilemma.

and for sure it's not helping CA's marketing strategy  

Antoine - I have found in the past that CA is usually willing consider ones individual situation when it comes to a lapse in SSA renewal.

As to the feature set, even though I use CA primarily for interior related work I do understand and appreciate the needs of those who differ from mine. I have often stated that they should really focus on addressing, fixing and cleaning up items such as staircases, roofs, foundations, bay/bow windows and many other core elements that constant frustrations for many users. I however doubt that CA will ever attempt to become a commercial multi-user software system such as AutoCAD or Revit.