x10 upgrade question

foxriver32

I've been pretty sick this year, again, I did pay my update fee for x9 and I just noticed that x10 is available.

How long has it been available and shouldn't I get the upgrade since my lic doesn't expire until 7/2018? Is the x10 update worth the effort?

Thanks for your help

Scott

4 minutes ago, foxriver32 said:

I've been pretty sick this year, again, I did pay my update fee for x9 and I just noticed that x10 is available.

How long has it been available and shouldn't I get the upgrade since my lic doesn't expire until 7/2018? Is the x10 update worth the effort?

Thanks for your help

Scott

Absolutely worth the “effort” in my opinion.  No doubt about it.

Thank you Alaska Son for the comment.

@lbuttery ...thanks Lew, that's really good news. I don't have an option to download x10 in my "Locker" ....only says the x10 is available for a price. But my " x9 support and ssa are good until 7/20/2018 ....guess I'll have to give them a call.....hope you're correct :)

Scott

Edited by foxriver32
wrong date for expiration

4 hours ago, lbuttery said:

Scott:

confusion ?  2016 or 2018 for SSA ?

Lew

2016 would explain why the Upgrade to X10 is not Free but I don't think x9 was available in 2016 ( Feb 2017 I think? )   but SSA may have expired July 2017 if you purchase July 2016 but that SSA would of given you the Free Upgrade to X9 but no further .....your Digital Locker tells you when SSA Expires right under the Serial No#.

M.

I .....mistyped .Expiration should have been 2018

@Kbird1

@Alaskan_Son

Sorry, mistyped the expiration date in 4th post down  This is the expiration notice under the license key

Support and Software Assurance for this key will expire July 20, 2018.

===================================

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

2016 would explain why the Upgrade to X10 is not Free but I don't think x9 was available in 2016 ( Feb 2017 I think? )   but SSA may have expired July 2017 if you purchase July 2016 but that SSA would of given you the Free Upgrade to X9 but no further .....your Digital Locker tells you when SSA Expires right under the Serial No#.

M.

I .....mistyped .Expiration should have been 2018

X10 is definetly worth the update, it had a few kinks they had to work out at first, but most of them are fixed now. The only issue I had as someone else pointed out on here, is ray tracing does not work as well with the materials optimized for the new pbr feature. However with that being said, pbr rendering can look just as good if not better than ray tracing with the right materials and lighting used (plus there is no wait).