X10 stair railing to wall railing problem

Bob-Roraback

In the attached example I am attempting to connect a stairway to a second floor that has a railing overlooking the first floor and get the railings to line up.

If you look at the stair railing I can't line it up with the upstairs railing.

I have set the newell offset in the stair settings but railing does not follow the newel offset

I am having trouble understanding what good the newell offset does if the railing does not follow.

I have a door under the stairway which will have a stairway to the basement so making the stairway narrower would not work.

How would you handle this?

Thanks for any suggestions, Bob

Stair rail to wall railing problem.jpg

Railing problem.zip

Edited by builder

16 hours ago, builder said:

In the attached example I am attempting to connect a stairway to a second floor that has a railing overlooking the first floor and get the railings to line up.

If you look at the stair railing I can't line it up with the upstairs railing.

I have set the newell offset in the stair settings but railing does not follow the newel offset

I am having trouble understanding what good the newell offset does if the railing does not follow.

I have a door under the stairway which will have a stairway to the basement so making the stairway narrower would not work.

How would you handle this?

Thanks for any suggestions, Bob

Stair rail to wall railing problem.jpg

Railing problem.zip

You Zipped your Plan while it was Open in Chief , so the Plan file is 0kb as Chief Locks the File while it is Open.  Re Zip and repost if needed...

M.