Stair Railings

ckirste

I would like to have just the stair rail on the open sides as well as the hand rail on the wall at the left side of the lower section. If I select the railing on the right, I get it wrapping down the lower level.

I've searched posts and Chief videos, but can't find a way to select the different sections separately. Is it not possible? 

Thanks,

Cait

Stair Rail.PNG

Stair Rail on right.PNG

I found this reference in the X10 New Features list:

"Control Stair Railing at Wall. Separately control the stair railings attached to walls and standard stair railing; turn off lower stair railing when stair extends past a wall."

Anyone know how to do this or where this feature can be found?

Thanks,

Cait

Thanks for the reply Chopsaw. I know where to turn off railings at walls left and right, but I’m not getting the combination I want.

The X10 new features list seems to indicate there is more control now, but I don’t see where that is.

Thank you  Eric, that worked!.

Any thoughts on what the published CA "New Features in X10" is referring to?

"Control Stair Railing at Wall. Separately control the stair railings attached to walls and standard stair railing; turn off lower stair railing when stair extends past a wall."

I wish they would revamp the stair and railing tool I am doing a project know with interior stairs that there is open steps on the right for 3 steps and 9 steps on the right side that does into the rest of the wall going up to second floor and has open below for steps to go down into the basement so there needs to be walls under both open area's with the steps covering those walls, I know about winders and maxium contraction I have both of those set. I have made a suggestion to be able to do a line break like we can do for the roofs and be able to drag that portion out over the area over the wall we want to have open.

Steps and railings revamping have been asked for a few times they have made minor adjustments be we need major ones for both, I would like to be able to split the porch railing so that the post goes to the rim where you want it and inbetween have a short post.

Sorry for the rant but steps are starting to get to me bad when I can show my client the way they want them to look, if there are any stair guys maybe they could do a video, thanks for reading