REV-A-SHELF in CAX10 - Cabinet HINGES not working properly with pull-outs

amurtagh

I am trying to insert this REV-A-SHALF pull-out cabinet insert...can't get it to work properly.

It only gives me hinge options of:

• right
  • left
  • bottom

I tried drawers and also door panel.  Nothing works.  I want to show it open so it needs to look correct.

Thanks

2018-02-23_20-58-32.png

• 6 years later...
On 2/23/2018 at 7:16 PM, amurtagh said:

NEVER MIND...I must have done something wrong originally, I changed it to a drawer again and it worked.:)

2018-02-23_21-16-26.png

Ok so we're trying to do the same thing, but with a spice rack. HOW did you get the sides of the pullout to not actually show the sides of the "drawer"? Does that make sense? What base cabinet drawer did you use to put the rev-a-shelf in? Because when we do it, the sides of the actual drawer still show and you can't see the rev-a-shelf. Thanks

13 minutes ago, PIR-Designs said:

What base cabinet drawer did you use to put the rev-a-shelf in?

You should be replacing the whole drawer with the rev-a-shelf object.

CA has an article on this https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03142/replacing-a-cabinet-s-standard-shelves-with-rollout-shelves-or-drawers.html though they do it to a Door not a Drawer, it's the same steps though.

Well I saw that article already. But as you'll see above in the original post, this is not that. You MUST use it as a drawer, not a cabinet with a door. The problem is, when you show the drawer as "open" it shows the sides of the drawer, keeping you from seeing the rev-a-shelf spice rack insert. In that post above, you can see that the person has the pullout (of which you can see the sides) but you still have a cabinet door face. THAT'S what I'm trying to figure out. 

Thanks.

Right, sorry - if you set the face item to Door, then down below hit Specify next to Shelves, you can set the shelf count to 1 and swap that with the rev-a-shelf component and set it's rollout distance.

• Upvote 1