Legrand Adorne new symbol question

dskogg

Hi I really like the Adorne outlets from Legrand, no screws, snap on face plates, square outlets and switches.

I have made a sample switch, chief automatically snaps them together but can this be controlled?

When there are two or more switches there is no space between switches or plugs.

I do not like showing the old standard switches and plugs chief uses, i know you can turn off on a layer but if you want to show them

they are old school, and even today decora is the standard...

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

adorne sgl pole switch.jpg

That is an Auto Function of CA , I am note sure how to stop it but maybe there is a "Fix" , the easiest probably is to make another Symbol from the Same Plan you made that one and in the Advanced Options uncheck Electrical ( use mounts on wall only perhaps ) so Chief won't "auto-sense" another switch when you bump them together.

If that doesn't work ? I can have a play if you post the symbol , but Michael or Joe may have a trick up his sleeve for you....

10 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

All you really have to do is Open Symbol and uncheck "Outlet". 

I was thinking that would be a PITA to do everytime , hence the second symbol suggestion, with a slightly different label, which would be quicker to place, but maybe that's just me :)

M.

You said you didn't want them to "snap" in the OP ?   ...   you can place them together but you'll have to do it manually / visually if you turn off the Auto Function.

Perhaps post an Image of what you want, and someone with more symbols Skills than me can possibly help, but why not just make the  2/3/4 switch symbol the way you want it now you have it mostly drawn?

You should be able to Change the CAD Block via the CAD Block>Insert into plan>explode it>change it >reblock it> assign new Block to Symbol method.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00805/editing-2d-cad-blocks-assigned-to-3d-symbols.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00500/customizing-a-cad-block.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00014/exploding-a-resized-cad-block.html

So I can make multiple switch symbols that can have multiple switch lines attached?

in some of the Reno’s I have done we had to use a special switch from legrand where they take their standard square switch and have one with two switches in the same space, so we had 2 Dbl switches and a single all in a 3 gang box.

it gave us 5 switches.

so if my symbols snapped together properly so that the square switches butt together I could then show some doubles with singles with some dimmers etc

4B2EECDE-D98B-424C-B4F6-CD91138F82F7.jpeg

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I was thinking that would be a PITA to do everytime , hence the second symbol suggestion, with a slightly different label, which would be quicker to place, but maybe that's just me :)

M.

You can Open Symbol directly from the user library and thereby only need to do it once.  OR, you could do it in plan and then add that modified object to your library and thereby only need to do it once. 

So I can make multiple switch symbols that can have multiple switch lines attached?

in some of the Reno’s I have done we had to use a special switch from legrand where they take their standard square switch and have one with two switches in the same space, so we had 2 Dbl switches and a single all in a 3 gang box.

it gave us 5 switches.

so if my symbols snapped together properly so that the square switches butt together I could then show some doubles with singles with some dimmers etc

The Auto Joined Switches don't look good in PBR ,Vector view  is a bit Better and they look Fine in Standard Cam. Views , so it will depend on the Views you want or if using PBR you can just Turn them Off in the View .... if on their Own Layer.

Chief's switches in X10 , including the Half (Double) Switch seems to accept multiple wires ok so.....  If you do use the Dacor Library note that Many of the Switches are at 11 1/2" by default to Centre, I will likely just copy the Library and set things right as Chief has them all in Bone too. If the Default material in your Template Plan is White it should override that when placed though anyway.

Perhaps you should ask Legrand to make a Library for Chief ?  they do 20/20 I think.....

Lutron and Leviton both do screwless Wallplates too , not sure about costing on either though....

• 5 years later...
On 2/23/2018 at 11:20 AM, dskogg said:

Hi I really like the Adorne outlets from Legrand, no screws, snap on face plates, square outlets and switches.

I have made a sample switch, chief automatically snaps them together but can this be controlled?

When there are two or more switches there is no space between switches or plugs.

I do not like showing the old standard switches and plugs chief uses, i know you can turn off on a layer but if you want to show them

they are old school, and even today decora is the standard...

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

adorne sgl pole switch.jpg

Did you upload these symbols

I think I made a single switch, I used these all over my last house.

i like them too 

not sure how you would build multiple switch/plugs and have chief control them separately and be in a multi gang plate.

But chief should…