Countertop overhang help!

fmrkva9525

Ive been designing and modeling a few pieces of furniture and builtins here in chief and for some reason I'm having issues with countertop overhangs when a cabinet is butted to another cabinet that is a different depth. Ive attached a photo, but ive never ran into this issue in x9. I have countertops set in my defaults to be the same all the way around, but for some reason when a cabinet is placed adjacent to another, the cabinet with the larger depth will not carry the correct overhang to its adjacent cabinet.
5a8e4395332f3_Screenshot(18).thumb.png.a4113e3a2b9ad53d6f30a0c845c24fdd.png

I believe cabinets and their automatically produced countertops have always done that.  I also think you're fighting this particular battle for no really good reason.  If I were you I would remove that countertop edge molding profile from the cabinets, group select the cabinets, click Generate Custom Countertop, resize the top as needed, and then add the molding to your countertop.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I believe cabinets and their automatically produced countertops have always done that.  I also think you're fighting this particular battle for no really good reason.  If I were you I would remove that countertop edge molding profile from the cabinets, group select the cabinets, click Generate Custom Countertop, resize the top as needed, and then add the molding to your countertop.

Thank you, I should of thought of that in the first place

5a8e565f79b76_Screenshot(19).thumb.png.db7996e4df88a18700c3946fca1b70c8.png

1 hour ago, fmrkva9525 said:

Thank you, I should of thought of that in the first place

5a8e565f79b76_Screenshot(19).thumb.png.db7996e4df88a18700c3946fca1b70c8.png

This was an Issue a few years ago but I think it has been fixed now..... since we can adjust overhangs on all edges now , and the auto countertop is smarter now in these situations , check the STD cabinets in the attached plan... they seem okay to me after a few adjustments.... I saved a number of cameras and sections....

And in this case it was not necessary to do a Custom Top either as your cabinet has applied moldings , so on the middle cabinet I just added a 1" piece behind the the Edge molding to push it out, seems to have worked....

5.thumb.JPG.05a3c4cd0161bbc94f7e7edb0e8f5e31.JPG6.thumb.JPG.fa7b4477c0ebfd14d342d6413687af37.JPG

jennaWINEGARDNERentertainmentcenter_MHD.plan

M.

• Upvote 1