SNestor

I've begun to manage "plan views" in X10.  This is a really great new feature...but, the OOB settings are only a start...not the total picture.  So, similar to annotation sets to some degree, I think it's necessary to have more defined views...but, I'm not sure and don't want to create a bunch of views if they aren't really needed.  

So...lets take the OOB plan view called "Electrical Plan View".  To me...you need an electrical plan view for each floor?  Can a guru chime in and tell me if I'm on the right path?  I know you can select "any floor" in the plan view DBX...and use the up and down arrows to move through the floors and the same "view" will be applied to each floor.  But...I think you may want to use a different ref set on each floor or maybe have some unique text or something.  

I'm not sure I know what I'm doing...this is why I'm asking. 

Steve,

Yes, a separate Plan View for each floor for each discipline.  I've even broken it down for framing to Floor, Ceiling, Rafters and Trusses.  Electrical could be broken into Power and Lighting.  It really just depends on how finely you want to show things in the Layout.  I also have a Roof Plan View for each Floor Level - not always needed depending on the design but it's nice when it is needed.

One of the really nice parts of this is that whatever name you give the Plan View in the Project Browser is what the %view_name% macro will display.  That makes naming your views to be sent to Layout much easier.  IOW, put that macro in a Text Box on each Floor Level and when you switch Plan Views the title will change accordingly.

• Upvote 2