Anybody have any suggestions for this pain in the ass wall situation?

10eighty

Cheers,

So, I have started over on this second story concept several times.  I am so close, but once I get to this point everything goes to hell.  I am trying to create an open area over my stairway where the second story wall follows the interior ceiling. So it seems like a good idea to create a "hole in floor platform" and change wall option to "cuts off at wall".  But then I am left with baseboard and a little flooring where it won't let me take "hole in floor" under the 2nd story wall.  Also, I can't seem to find a wall type that will work in between the two roofs.  Does anybody have any advice or suggestions to solve these issues?  Also, since I'm asking, the roof over the second story comprises of two separate roof plains. Is it possible, or make sense to use 1 roof plane and break the pitch?  Sorry, hopefully, the pictures illustrate the questions better :-/

Thanks in advance,

Randy

Exterior 1.jpg

Exterior 2.jpg

Floor Plan.jpg

Interior 1.jpg

Interior 2.jpg

Eric, Thank you! You truly are a Solver!

So your solutions worked, but it is not perfect in my particular case due to the fact that I have buggered up this plan pretty bad.  I keep getting "a floor or ceiling platform hole polyline is placed where......." message.  Everything worked for what I need, but something isn't right with the ceiling/wall/roof intersection.  But may I ask, if I were to start over, what would your procedure be? Draw the second floor, put in a room divider and specify open below without doing a hole in floor platform?  Also,  Do you have any thoughts on drawing a roof diversion for the two roof pitches that are opposing each other?  Perhaps yet another roof plane?

Cheers,

Randy

Exterior 3.jpg

Floor Plan 2.jpg

Interior 3.jpg

Interior 4.jpg