need help with an older version

Karlshouse

I have version 10 (2005) and going through the tutorial I'm learning CAD and I can't get the snap indicators, (the X's  in red) to show up ...  which is preventing me from doing other things and I can't find where to turn this on. It's not one on the buttons on the side and I can't find it in preferences .... help

Assuming nothing has changed in 13 years :)  the red X is for intersections which maybe turned off ?

should be at Preferences>Edit>Snap Properties  if the same as today ???

@bservial  has older versions too so maybe he can advise you more....

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.
If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum or are perhaps on the CA Mobile WebSite.

23.thumb.JPG.eae60ca24fc7c0d2c05075a9453deea8.JPG

I don't think Signatures show if you use the Mobile Website ...or you may have them off in the Forum Preferences?  over on the RIGHT hand side you may or may not see a X with a down arrow , under the Reputation Box (Heart Icon)

24.thumb.JPG.371ac533653d951fde154712c96cc1c4.JPG

Let's not tell anyone you are using your Brother's Copy :)

Tutorials on the Website or on the CD ?  are they for your Version? that could be the Issue , unfortunately I have not used CA that long only X5 and Up post some pics of what you see in Preferences.

My sig.

Mick

Chief X5 - X9,  X10 Beta

Win10 Pro ..running on (2) 32" BENQ BL3200PT Monitors 

Asus X99A-II c/w 5820k CPU , 32GB RAM and Nvidia GTX 980Ti 

*** to fill in your Signature like this .... go up to the top RH Corner click on your UserName>Account Settings>Signature....

***To add Pics to your Posts please use Windows Snipping Tool , found under Windows Accessories in your Start Menu,

Save the Snip to your Desktop and Drag it into the Light Grey Area of the Reply Window.