Stolen laptop - lost files

jjamison

My laptop was stolen and I wanted to know if there is a way that I can recover my designs.  I was able to download the software onto my new laptop and hoped and prayed that somehow my designs would come up, but nothing.  Is there a way for me to recover my designs?  please help!!!!

Do you backup to One Drive, Google Drive or Dropbox ?, or have them on a Flash Drive or External HD Drive?

Or have a Image or recent Clone of your Old Laptop's HardDrive?  ( I can recommend Macrium Reflect for scheduled Imaging to an external HDD)

Chief does not automatically backup files to the "cloud" if that's what you are hoping for....

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.
If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum or are perhaps on the CA Mobile WebSite.

A good reason why you should always save a back-up somewhere other than your hard drive/s you usually use. Which reminds me, I need to do my back-ups real soon. Katy, the woman I was working for called me last week and couldn't find a file that was supposed to be on drop box but was no where to be found. She was glad (again) that I keep back ups of everything on an external drive.

Along with Macrium Reflect Free for Scheduled Image Backups I also use SyncBack Free to do Scheduled Backups to a internal Backup HDD and a Backup External HDD for redundacy as well as use Cloud Accounts for some stuff in case my Desktop is Stolen or there is a Fire or some other disaster.....never rely on a single backup is the best advice.

https://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/index.html

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree