Arrow pointer only,,, NO hitch hikers.

atomic12

I am having an issue when I use the concentric option, the concentric icon is hitch hiking on the arrow pointer. Even if I click on the concentric tool, it does not go away.

My question is, How do you go back to the arrow pointer only without seeing the side kick?

Probably so simple, but very annoying.

Thanks in advance 

arrow with other icons.jpg

46 minutes ago, atomic12 said:

I am having an issue when I use the concentric option, the concentric icon is hitch hiking on the arrow pointer. Even if I click on the concentric tool, it does not go away.

My question is, How do you go back to the arrow pointer only without seeing the side kick?

Probably so simple, but very annoying.

Thanks in advance 

arrow with other icons.jpg

Click on the Default Tool to release it or Use Alt+Z  ......... I think Chris has changed his default Hotkey for it to D  , which you could do too of course.....

M.

Happy to Help ....sort of , not really :)   only the Icon is working for me to turn it off too.... , I guess we both need help :)

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.
If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum or are perhaps on the CA Mobile WebSite.

Alt+ Z is the Default Hot Key for the Default Edit Mode already according to the Hot-Key Table but neither of use can get it to work so we are both doing something in the wrong sequence or time as the Default Edit Mode Icon disables Concentric as expected.

I tried assigning D instead as Chris mentioned and it's doesnt enable Default again either , so I figure I am doing it wrong ....I usually just use the Icons , never been a Hotkey User so figure I am doing it wrong? 

M.

On 2/19/2018 at 8:09 PM, Kbird1 said:

Alt+ Z is the Default Hot Key for the Default Edit Mode already according to the Hot-Key Table but neither of use can get it to work so we are both doing something in the wrong sequence or time as the Default Edit Mode Icon disables Concentric as expected.

I tried assigning D instead as Chris mentioned and it's doesnt enable Default again either , so I figure I am doing it wrong ....I usually just use the Icons , never been a Hotkey User so figure I am doing it wrong? 

M.

I do not think it is good to use one letter for  hot key.  that letter D may be used for a multiple hot key....  D+H,  think about it,  if D is tied to a multiple key,  the solo D will never work.  I would always use at least two keys for a hot key.

BTW, I have a hot key assigned to both of those function in post #1 that would of removed the "hitchhikers".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dshall said:

I do not think it is good to use one letter for  hot key.  that letter D may be used for a multiple hot key....  D+H,  think about it,  if D is tied to a multiple key,  the solo D will never work.  I would always use at least two keys for a hot key.

BTW, I have a hot key assigned to both of those function in post #1 that would of removed the "hitchhikers".

I need to have another play as unlike you I am not a big hotkey user but I could not get this one to work at Default ( Alt+Z ) , I thought perhaps I was hitting Alt to ealy so nothing happened so assigned D as Chris mentioned and that didn't work either , so I just use the Default Icon On put on the Side Toolbar which does work.

Could well be Pilot Error of

course since Hot-Keys are not my Forte.

M

11 hours ago, dshall said:

Sort of...

The solo D will preclude any other hotkeys from using D as the first letter - so the D will work, but when you try to assign, say D,A, you will get an error message.

If you assign one letter to a hoykey (say D), it precludes using any other combinations like (D,A).

This drastically reduces the number of hotkeys you can assign.

I am talking about sequential hotkeys, not simultaneous hotkeys.