Electrical on Furred Wall

jflare

Hi, I am working on plans for a kitchen remodel. We are creating a furred wall next to an existing exterior wall to create a single interior wall surface. I was able to place the furred wall successfully and add a window to it. However, the electrical is snapping to the original wall and therefore hidden behind the furred wall in elevation. It shows properly in plan view. I looked through all of my settings and can't figure it out. The other outlets that are not on the furred wall are showing properly in the elevation, so I know it's not layer settings.

Thanks for any help!

Jillian

Steve,

I just filled it out. Thanks for the tip.

I have my wall set to furred under structure. The outlets and sconces show in plan view but not in the elevation view.

I am using X10. 

Thanks!

Jillian

screen-shot 2.jpg

screen-shot.jpg

Eric, I actually spoke with them about it on Friday and have an open case. Last week I upgraded my Mac OS to High Sierra. The next day, I upgraded from the X10 beta to the full release. Unfortunately, after I did the OS upgrade, I didn't do any Chief work so I can't isolate the issue. After upgrading Chief, I noticed most - not all - of the materials were missing their textures. None of my libraries migrated either. I eventually fixed the libraries by copying and pasting from my X9 directories but haven't been able to solve the textures issue. I downloaded some of the bonus libraries over the weekend, and those textures are missing too. My hunch is that X10 isn't compatible with High Sierra. I don't do a lot of rendering so it's not as bad as it could be but still pretty upsetting. 

Thanks again for taking the time to help me!

38 minutes ago, jflare said:

Eric, I actually spoke with them about it on Friday and have an open case. Last week I upgraded my Mac OS to High Sierra. The next day, I upgraded from the X10 beta to the full release. Unfortunately, after I did the OS upgrade, I didn't do any Chief work so I can't isolate the issue. After upgrading Chief, I noticed most - not all - of the materials were missing their textures. None of my libraries migrated either. I eventually fixed the libraries by copying and pasting from my X9 directories but haven't been able to solve the textures issue. I downloaded some of the bonus libraries over the weekend, and those textures are missing too. My hunch is that X10 isn't compatible with High Sierra. I don't do a lot of rendering so it's not as bad as it could be but still pretty upsetting. 

Thanks again for taking the time to help me!

Chief Updated the Libraries earlier this morning and there is a report it has fixed the Issue , so do a Catalog Update....

26 minutes ago, solver said:

It helps to know what's not working -- the electrical, no textures etc.

Eric, it's the textures issue still. You helped me fix the electrical. I was responding to the comment that updating the Content Library today would fix the issue...I thought I quoted it. I'm still getting the hang of how these forums work. Thanks for bearing with me.

3 hours ago, jflare said:

Eric, it's the textures issue still. You helped me fix the electrical. I was responding to the comment that updating the Content Library today would fix the issue...I thought I quoted it. I'm still getting the hang of how these forums work. Thanks for bearing with me.

Reply by hitting the word Quote , not the + Button if you want to include a quote ..which is always good I think, since context online is hard to see sometimes.

You should report the Issue in that bad Textures Thread as @Chief_Content is watching that thread for problems...