Porch shed roof interaction with gable end

dfisher

Hi everyone, I am using Home Designer Suite 2017.  I am trying to create a shed roof over our front porch, the porch is on a gable end of the main roof.  I am using 10:12 pitch on the gables and a 5:12 pitch on the front porch.  If I set the porch ceiling height any higher than 72 inches, the roof auto build blends the gable with the shed, as shown on the attached.  The ceiling height needs to be 96 inches to match the rest of the home.  If I reduce the shed pitch to 4:12, I can gain a little ceiling height, so I expect that the software blends the two roof lines when the porch shed roof attaches to the gable end at a height greater than 96 inches.  I figure there must be a way to lock the roof on the main part of the home (or something similar), can somebody help me out?

Thanks,

dfisher

porch rough ceiling 72 inch height.jpg

porch rough ceiling 73 inch height.jpg

6 hours ago, dfisher said:

Hi everyone, I am using Home Designer Suite 2017.  I am trying to create a shed roof over our front porch, the porch is on a gable end of the main roof.  I am using 10:12 pitch on the gables and a 5:12 pitch on the front porch.  If I set the porch ceiling height any higher than 72 inches, the roof auto build blends the gable with the shed, as shown on the attached.  The ceiling height needs to be 96 inches to match the rest of the home.  If I reduce the shed pitch to 4:12, I can gain a little ceiling height, so I expect that the software blends the two roof lines when the porch shed roof attaches to the gable end at a height greater than 96 inches.  I figure there must be a way to lock the roof on the main part of the home (or something similar), can somebody help me out?

Thanks,

dfisher

porch rough ceiling 72 inch height.jpg

porch rough ceiling 73 inch height.jpg

Its an old Bug Problem , I call the 12" Bug, Eric and I have known about for years that the Developer has never Fixed , not even in Chief.

More info in this thread over on HomeTalk

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/1197-help-with-roof/?do=findComment&comment=6850