Erratic Lines On Elevation Vector

Chrisb222

Anyone else seen this, or know why? I often get weird erratic linework on my elevation vectors. Attached is a common example. This is an automatic Chief roof return, nothing manual about it, no weird attic walls or anything else strange in the plan...

I usually fix it with CAD / masks but would rather not if I can make it behave.

Thanks

5a889db09f320_roofreturn.thumb.png.2ce6a0bfaebea8a1b4cffacfd794dca2.png

you could post the plan with the camera saved, (is it X9 or X10 now?)  and we can try it on a PC , to see if there is a difference , but I would suspect the Videocard Driver and the way it handles Line Work , as it seems like it should be the line where the Roof Return hits the gable wall?

Do you have Hardware Edge Smoothing On?  what about Hardware edge smoothing while Idle?

M.

7 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I would try to print to PDF and see if it corrects itself.

Yep each return is consistent in PDF.

I had already made the PDF file but didn't look there.

There are still oddities, though, like on one elevation, there's a dark line where the return meets the gable, on another it's a faint line. But at least it's not broken like the example above. I don't care if they're different, as long as it isn't broken errratically. 

You can see how they're "inconsistently consistent" in the attached screenshot of PDF.

But yeah, the PDF will do, and is what I print from. Thanks!

lines.thumb.png.27ecdae4800adf1b98b8f89536b6de10.png

What I do for elevations, I actually send to the layout using different anno-sets with thicker line weights for roofs, windows ,doors. I actually have different anno-sets to show different items, like when I don't want to show block walls or fences and just the building.  Look to using Anno-sets, IMO they are the best thing Chief has come up with. You can totally adjust the lines to whatever you want and not effect everything else.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

What I do for elevations, I actually send to the layout using different anno-sets with thicker line weights for roofs, windows ,doors. I actually have different anno-sets to show different items, like when I don't want to show block walls or fences and just the building.  Look to using Anno-sets, IMO they are the best thing Chief has come up with. You can totally adjust the lines to whatever you want and not effect everything else.

Cool tip, thanks!

• Upvote 1