x10 missing flooring materials?

fmrkva9525

7 minutes ago, Chief_Content said:

Ryzen, these Ray Trace settings are really just different defaults that you can set up in your Profile Template.

We removed the Quick option from the Out Of Box Templates because we had many users confused by the dark looking metals and lighting effects that happen when Photon Mapping is turned OFF. If you prefer to have a preset for quicker Ray Traced scenes in your defaults, you can set a new one up in your Profile called "Quick" with the Photon Mapping setting disabled.

Ah I see, makes sense 

5 hours ago, Chief_Content said:

Jim and All,

We updated new files to our server recently to support some new materials, and accidentally posted the wrong file. The correct file should be on the server now.

Ryzen, it is possible that it takes some time for the file to populate to the server you are accessing. You may want to try again in a few minutes to run the Update from the Library Menu, and then make sure you re-launch Chief Architect (the files won't refresh until you restart the program).

If this continues to fail for you, we can work through the Support Department to find a good solution.

Best,

Okay sorry to keep this thread going but I updated the catalog, restarted chief, and no fix... This time around it does show everything available in the library browser. However, it pops up an error message when I actually try to use the material in a plan. Ive screenshotted the message and will attach. I was able to open an old plan up with a maple flooring plank style I used in the beta version, but now it looked to drastically affect its texture and depth. Ill attach a screenshot of the version before the update and what its giving me now....5a876ad929f13_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.37731360606c259627ef7a9614448aa8.png

BEFORE the update
5a876b3a35990_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.efcb9c4bf92d59ef9f77c158839c4b5e.png

AFTER
5a876b7f40029_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.76b5b248551db9df818896cacefcc28a.png

And same with this plan, I even tried replacing the flooring material with an entirely different one and still issues.. It shows the roughness map highlighted in red and gives me no options in any of the material classes to adjust its roughness. Even in polished.. 

5a876d731cb0b_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.c6162422a7c1b35c22399bc19dc97c98.png

BEFORE

5a876df958d76_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.a61879161eb29d0131992f5a3f1b39d8.png

AFTER UPDATE

5a876e15e9592_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.21727d6454495d2b1e3f27a7b11d76b2.png

Ugh I'm so frustrated right now haha, its gotten to pretty much all of my materials. Even tile, vinyl sheets, and laminate... Played with every setting available, all of my roughness maps, and ambient occlusion maps are missing. In this plan my flooring has skewered itself for some reason. Grout lines are huge, tried adjusting scale and patterns also... And this is happening in new plans as well.

BEFORE

5a877676499e3_Screenshot(14).thumb.png.2c2c496576f4ce45142498474f7cb288.png

AFTER

5a8776873adf7_Screenshot(15).thumb.png.07f195f6413abd2f6052bc5b935c0d60.png

I updated X10 as per the instructions, and my missing textures reappeared.

However, it seems that the "Pine" and "Cedar" wood material library categories have been removed completely in X10 release?  As a workaround, I've imported those from X9.

Thanks,

Roland

6 hours ago, Vintageltd said:

I updated X10 as per the instructions, and my missing textures reappeared.

However, it seems that the "Pine" and "Cedar" wood material library categories have been removed completely in X10 release?  As a workaround, I've imported those from X9.

Thanks,

Roland

I had to import Redwood too.  

The imports go into the User Folder, not the Core Catalogs.

Any way to get them where  they should be ?

25 minutes ago, fmrkva9525 said:

I'm not sure why this fix is working for everyone else but me.....

I've just checked and although the recent updates fix the missing texture icons in the library browser when using those previously affected materials I get the same missing file warning you get. The material then looks likes its applied but in fact some details are missing:

5a89bbf8c18b6_Materialsissue2.thumb.jpg.9733300e968d4b68129968bf8f509394.jpg

Maybe other people aren't trying the materials out fully.

3 minutes ago, Smn842 said:

I've just checked and although the recent updates fix the missing texture icons in the library browser when using those previously affected materials I get the same missing file warning you get. The material then looks likes its applied but in fact some details are missing:

5a89bbf8c18b6_Materialsissue2.thumb.jpg.9733300e968d4b68129968bf8f509394.jpg

Maybe other people aren't trying the materials out fully.

Thats what I was thinking, thank God im not the only one.. 

Hey Guys!

Thanks for your patience while we sort this out. We are going to do one last pass to ensure that all the those missing references are recovered. I was hesitant to post an untested fix on a Friday afternoon, and intend to have this resolved today.

Regarding the missing material folders in the Wood category, you may have noticed the section of wood is quite different than it used to be. We re-vamped all of the wood textures and replaced them with versions that we hope are much more accurate and realistic, and are higher resolution and quality. Although some of the old versions that you may be accustomed to are not represented as folders (like Pine, Redwood, and Cedar) we are in process generating from scratch better versions of these materials. Even though the old ones are not in the library, you should not experience missing file errors for these in legacy plans. We have continued to supply those files, just not as a representation in the library browser. We will be doing another update on the remaining Wood Materials and other categories (Landscaping is high on our list), so you can expect to see more additions in the future. 

If there are specific wood species, or subject matter in general, that you would like to see represented in our generic material selection, please let us know! We are working to improve the quality and usability of these to be as relevant and as useful as possible.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, fmrkva9525 said:

If they get back to you, let me know what they say

Hi Ryzen and All!

We leveraged a utility to scan all of the Core Materials and are feeling much more confident that all of the Roughness, AO, and Normal maps are also included in this latest update to files on our server.

Please run "Update Library Catalogs" and re-launch Chief one more time to activate the most recent files.

And same with this plan, I even tried replacing the flooring material with an entirely different one and still issues.. It shows the roughness map highlighted in red and gives me no options in any of the material classes to adjust its roughness. Even in polished.. 

The inability to adjust the roughness slider is a behavior of Roughness Maps. If a Roughness Map is used for a material's specification, it usurps the roughness slider controls, using only the values that are embedded in the map itself. If you would like to bypass this, and instead control the roughness via the slider interface, simply delete the Roughness Map file association. You are/were seeing this path in red text because that file was not being found on your system. I'm hoping with this latest update, that particular part of the confusion will be resolved.

Once again, thank you for your understanding while we sort this out. I hope the improvements to the materials will out-weigh the inconvenience you have been facing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chief_Content said:

We leveraged a utility to scan all of the Core Materials and are feeling much more confident that all of the Roughness, AO, and Normal maps are also included in this latest update to files on our server.

Thanks, the latest update fixes the cases I noted earlier.

I appreciate issues happen, but a suggestion for such problems in future would be to post in Announcements that there's an issue and library update in progress/done. That would have saved myself and others some time and probably a few support tickets/calls for CA to answer as well.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chief_Content said:

Hi Ryzen and All!

Please run "Update Library Catalogs" and re-launch Chief one more time to activate the most recent files.

The inability to adjust the roughness slider is a behavior of Roughness Maps. If a Roughness Map is used for a material's specification, it usurps the roughness slider controls, using only the values that are embedded in the map itself. If you would like to bypass this, and instead control the roughness via the slider interface, simply delete the Roughness Map file association. You are/were seeing this path in red text because that file was not being found on your system. I'm hoping with this latest update, that particular part of the confusion will be resolved.

Once again, thank you for your understanding while we sort this out. I hope the improvements to the materials will out-weigh the inconvenience you have been facing.

The update has now fixed the issues! Very relieved... thank you! PBR looks amazing btw, your team did an awesome job.

• Upvote 1

Updated and materials still missing.

I noticed roofing materials missing, saw this post, updated my library, restarted X10 a couple of times and am still missing standing seam materials. 

I see that that category has moved to a different folder, but many colors of standing seam are still missing. My library says it's up to date.

First image shows the X10 library folder for roofing & standing seam. Second image shows X9 library folder for roofing.

I did not download the beta, just downloaded X10 a few days ago and updated libraries this evening.

x10 Materials.PNG

x9 Materials.PNG

5 minutes ago, ckirste said:

Second image shows X9 library folder for roofing.

x10 Materials.PNG

x9 Materials.PNG

I'm not even sure where you got a bunch of those from.  I believe the 8 that you show in X10 were the only ones available in X9 too.  I suspect that you have been carrying those forward from some previous version. 

I didn't load them. I've only ever migrated per the normal route. I have no idea where they came from if I didn't get them from a Core Library.

Shouldn't the libraries carry forward? That's confusing. If I didn't create them, where did I get them? If they've been available in the past, why aren't they available now?

16 minutes ago, ckirste said:

I didn't load them. I've only ever migrated per the normal route. I have no idea where they came from if I didn't get them from a Core Library.

Shouldn't the libraries carry forward? That's confusing. If I didn't create them, where did I get them? If they've been available in the past, why aren't they available now?

You can export the Ones from x9 that you don't have in X10 and import them into x10 , they just may not look as good as the x10 Materials as many of the Libraries are being updated for X10 to accomodate the new PBR Camera Views.

If it's just a Colour Issue then just change the Colour of one the X10 Library Items to what you need ...Copy it to your User Library 1st.

M.

22 minutes ago, ckirste said:

Chief has to do housecleaning and reorganizing from time to time or the library would eventually become an unwieldy and bloated mess.  It looks like those particular standing seam materials were removed after X8.  I suspect they realized there were enough options already and those texture were such that a person could easily modify as necessary for the extra colors by simply using the option to Blend With Texture.