x10 missing flooring materials?

fmrkva9525

So today I was able to update my x10 beta to the full version. After doing so I updated my library catalogs as well, and for some reason all of my hardwood flooring options associated with the core library are now missing.. I tried re downloading the core content as well as updating again to no avail. Which is a bummer because now all of my old projects are missing their floors... Has anyone else ran into this? I wouldnt think chief would get rid of its flooring features, as they actually added to their hardwood library with the beta.

Can confirm some issues here with beta->full x10 release textures.  I'm missing most of the core catalog wood textures, along with some of the siding textures.  Doesn't appear to be a pattern to what's missing (ie, 'Alder' is missing, 'Ash' is fine, 'Bamboo' missing).

Running a catalog update didn't correct the issue.

Roland

Untitled.jpg

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, fmrkva9525 said:

Does anyone know if chief is aware of the issue yet? I've heard nothing back from support 

I just got off the phone with support - they are aware. Fellow I spoke to had an email to the effect that they are working on it as fast as they can but no date for fix, no work around.

• Upvote 1

After seeing these posts, I checked and found that I too was missing a most of the wood textures. Called support and went through deleting core content and reference files and reinstalled core content. This did not resolve the missing content. Called support again and got instructions to manually install. This also did not work. All textures worked well using X10 beta. The update took out the textures. Hope they resolve this quickly.   

• Upvote 1

Okay All,

I believe we have resolved the issue. Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience.

To get to latest files for the updated materials, please run the "Update Library Catalogs" command from the "Library" menu inside Chief.

You should see some files download. 

Once the download completes, relaunch Chief Architect. The textures for the updated materials should now show properly.

The materials affected where primarily those that got an update in X10 which includes the categories of "Siding", "Wood Flooring", and "Wood".

Thanks for sticking with us while we worked through this.

Best,

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Chief_Content said:

Okay All,

I believe we have resolved the issue. Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience.

To get to latest files for the updated materials, please run the "Update Library Catalogs" command from the "Library" menu inside Chief.

Once the download completes, relaunch Chief Architect. The textures for the updated materials should now show properly.

The materials affected where primarily those that got an update in X10 which includes the categories of "Siding", "Wood Flooring", and "Wood".

Best,

I did that and Core Content was updated

19 minutes ago, Chief_Content said:

Okay All,

Best,

Unfortunately this did not fix the issue 

21 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I didn't lose any textures.  I'm curious what the rest of you guys are doing differently than me.  Were all of you installing X10 for the first time?  Or do you completely uninstall and reinstall at every update?

Updated from beta to full release version, the textures were there and working untill I  decided to update the catalogs afterwards. Then they were missing. I'll try re updating once I get home now that they have fixed the issue 

Jim and All,

We updated new files to our server recently to support some new materials, and accidentally posted the wrong file. The correct file should be on the server now.

Ryzen, it is possible that it takes some time for the file to populate to the server you are accessing. You may want to try again in a few minutes to run the Update from the Library Menu, and then make sure you re-launch Chief Architect (the files won't refresh until you restart the program).

If this continues to fail for you, we can work through the Support Department to find a good solution.

Best,

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chief_Content said:

Jim and All,

We updated new files to our server recently to support some new materials, and accidentally posted the wrong file. The correct file should be on the server now.

Ryzen, it is possible that it takes some time for the file to populate to the server you are accessing. You may want to try again in a few minutes to run the Update from the Library Menu, and then make sure you re-launch Chief Architect (the files won't refresh until you restart the program).

If this continues to fail for you, we can work through the Support Department to find a good solution.

Best,

Thank you for the quick fix!

Ryzen, these Ray Trace settings are really just different defaults that you can set up in your Profile Template.

We removed the Quick option from the Out Of Box Templates because we had many users confused by the dark looking metals and lighting effects that happen when Photon Mapping is turned OFF. If you prefer to have a preset for quicker Ray Traced scenes in your defaults, you can set a new one up in your Profile called "Quick" with the Photon Mapping setting disabled.